Thread: 2004 RXP ?'s

2004 RXP ?'s

Hi,new here. I have a '06 wake 155hp now and love it. I am looking to buy a second ski and found a 2004 RXP s/c with 21 hours for $5300 with trailer and have a few questions

(1) Is this a good deal or bad?
    (2)I cannot test drive on lake,what should I look for? I did a search and found to check the s/c to see if it spins,to look for the factory clamp and look for spiderwebbing,is there anything else?
    (3) what can I expect for fuel use? My wake uses about 4-5 gals hour(6 if I play hard) will the Rxp be similiar? I know it has more power but it is lighter
    (4) Is the s/c noticable,not just in feel but sound? and is the boost instant or does it spool up?

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by 220sport View Post
    Hi,new here. I have a '06 wake 155hp now and love it. I am looking to buy a second ski and found a 2004 RXP s/c with 21 hours for $5300 with trailer and have a few questions

(1) Is this a good deal or bad?
    (2)I cannot test drive on lake,what should I look for? I did a search and found to check the s/c to see if it spins,to look for the factory clamp and look for spiderwebbing,is there anything else?
    (3) what can I expect for fuel use? My wake uses about 4-5 gals hour(6 if I play hard) will the Rxp be similiar? I know it has more power but it is lighter
    (4) Is the s/c noticable,not just in feel but sound? and is the boost instant or does it spool up?

Thanks in advance

yes will use more gas, yes is quicker, yes supercharger is certainly noticeable! - not much "spooling up" like a turbo.

I would pay very close attention to the condition of the supercharger, has it had the washers changed? did they go under power previously? Lots of guys here can give you more details Im sure..

I personally wouldn't buy a used supercharged ski unless I knew it well - especially if you cant test it? Id really try to run it. I don't let people drive my skis when I sell them, I will run it for them, take them for a ride (on back) as long as they want to, but I dont let tire-kickers drive until the cash is in my hand and my insurance is off it. Never been a problem.

There are pretty damn good deals on brand new RXTs now. While this ski could be just fine, Id spend a little more and get a known item under warranty (I dont have time to wrench)....just my .02

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply,
    As much as I would love to buy a new ski(bought the wake new last year),I cannot justify the cost of another new one with fuel costs and the toy's I already have. I will also have to get a 2 place trailer which also adds to cost. I live in Washington state so the amount of usage would not be the same as some of the sunshine staters

Thread Information