Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Caution raider fan in the area !!
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Got mine yesterday, but I cannot do anything strenous for the next few days. Well come tomorrow its the next few days and I am going out to put the intake on and I may go try it out at the short lake we got out here. One question, I noticed some have taken and shined up these grates, aren't they coated with some type of antiresistant stuff? I know some of these grates will need to be "cleaned" up, but what about the coating? Why does one wing sit more forward than the other wing?
    SHOOTER
    bump

+1
    Got mine yesterday, but I cannot do anything strenous for the next few days. Well come tomorrow its the next few days and I am going out to put the intake on and I may go try it out at the short lake we got out here. One question, I noticed some have taken and shined up these grates, aren't they coated with some type of antiresistant stuff? I know some of these grates will need to be "cleaned" up, but what about the coating? Why does one wing sit more forward than the other wing?
    SHOOTER
    +1 aren't they coated???

+1
    Yes, they are coated.
    Also, notice that the bolts are bigger. I thought it was just the intake bolts that were being enlarged. So who's drilled into their pump shoe to get these oversized bolts to fit into the pump shoe? I am a little leary of drilling into my pump shoe. Just want to know if anyones tried it. Thinking of trying it on this F'ed up pump shoe I gots here at the house.
    SHOOTER

+1
    Yes you need to drill and tap the shoe. Just take your time and drill straight and not to deep. M8 X 1.25 thread.
    Last edited by beerdart; 10-06-2008 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Corrected Pitch

+1
    Yes, they are coated.
    Also, notice that the bolts are bigger. I thought it was just the intake bolts that were being enlarged. So who's drilled into their pump shoe to get these oversized bolts to fit into the pump shoe? I am a little leary of drilling into my pump shoe. Just want to know if anyones tried it. Thinking of trying it on this F'ed up pump shoe I gots here at the house.
    SHOOTER
    Not a big deal, just drill and tap to M8 size and you will be fine. Also reccomend going with WFO's upgrade on the front mount. Been doing this with the aluminum grates for years now.

+1
    Hmmmm, still hate drilling into the pump shoe period. But if some of you have done it, I'll give it a whirl on my F'edup one.
    So what about the polishing etc.?

drill size

I think the M8 calls for a 17/64th drill bit. Dont take that to the bank but Im 95 percent sure on that....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawGPR View Post
    I think the M8 calls for a 17/64th drill bit. Dont take that to the bank but Im 95 percent sure on that....
    That's what was used on my ski. It's the closest standard size to the mm spec that Jerry listed in the original thread.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Yes you need to drill and tap the shoe. Just take your time and drill straight and not to deep. M8 X 1.25 thread.
    I have received some questions on the pitch of the bolts. I stand corrected the pitch is M8 X 1.25

tests

One thing I did notice about todays ride is that with the SS grate the boat seems to coast longer after you let off the throttle. I dont remember the other grate doing that....

Be careful guys if you test in close quarters until you get the feel for the thing....

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information