Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar

WORX RXP-X Grate

Well look what came in the mail last night

Stan I know you got one to.....Chime in on this

I got lucky let me tell you there are only 5 of these in the US.....

Well I will be testing this grate out on sunday so stay tuned I also have some comparison shots between a Stock, R&D, WORX pics as well

Stock vs. R&D, vs. WORX

So what do you all think.....

+1
    Nice! Let us know how you make out with it. Where did you buy it?

worx grate

It looks to me that the worx grate is bent! i could be wrong but it appears to be slightly bent.

Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    Nice! Let us know how you make out with it. Where did you buy it?
    Will do

Quote Originally Posted by gprcbx View Post
    It looks to me that the worx grate is bent! i could be wrong but it appears to be slightly bent.
    Nah I looked at that to once I posted so I ran out to look at the grate its fine I think its just the camera and the angle I was at....Cause nothing wrong with the grate....But it does in that pic

ok well my 1st thoughts after smoothing out all the rough edges which by the way wasnt much...And after installing it I noticed some very cool things....

1. All 3 bolts in the back are now flush into the grate where as the R&D's stuck out like a sore thumb.

2. This grate sits farther down off the tunnel looks to me like a good chop grate...Good racing grate I think you will always hook up....

3. The chines on the grate a farther apart as you can see in the pic and they also sit farther into the water than the rear plate almost like a skegs but not so bad....I will try to get a pic of that...

4. The middle ramp sits in about the same location with the same pitch as the R&D but not as long as the R&D you can see in the pics above..

5. The outside ramps are small and aggressive and sit farther back on the grate. with the chines being farther apart the wings are about almost touching the sides of the tunnel.

6. The back ramps are shorter than the R&D and there pitch into the tunnel is dead on with shoe....

Everything about this grate screams performance in turning, holeshot, and speed.

At least it seams like this could be the best of both worlds grate....This will be good for racing...But until I test its just in my opinion....

Try to get some more shots of it....installed on the boat.

ok here are some pics of it installed on the boat......

+1
    thanks for all the good pics and info. I am watching closely to info on these worx grates as i think might be the grate I need during the heavy trafic mid summer months to stay hooked up.

Good luck with your test.

Worx had 9 in the US.. only 8 went out 4 sale.. the other will be at the World Finals 4 display only.. I heard Dec is when they will have them back in the states..

ok back from testing......

I was very surprised about a few things......

1. This thing it loves the chop never comes un hooked from chop well except the big ones but you know what I mean.

2. This grate is a CC racers dream....In turns this grate tracks great you can tell by the design of it.....It helps the boat hook in the turns and doesnt wash out...

3. Hole Shot is great no cav either.....

4. I did notice that at WOT as soon as you let off it has a break fealing no where near as bad as the stocker.....But not as smooth as the R&D....I did not notice at all the boat wanting to buck

5. One thing and I am not shure I will have to do more testing but I got a .4mph increase in speed over the R&D

6. Gas mileage not as good as the R&D but better than stock.....In 2 hours of riding I went through 3/4 of a tank of gas might have been able to get 3 out of her but decided to fill up again.....

In all This grate would be perfect for the racer....It has good hook in chop great hole shot and turning feals precise....

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information