Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: CT Car Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    hehe you've never worked on a saleen apparently or know about the saleen quality

That is 100 % correct. Just plain ole GT's for this poor guy!
    WHat if I threw out the word Steeda? Any better quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
    HAHA isnt that the truth!
    This is more like it...
    Otto: Do you these toys belong to you, sir?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris0060 View Post
    That is 100 % correct. Just plain ole GT's for this poor guy!
    WHat if I threw out the word Steeda? Any better quality?

nothing wrong with gt's thats all i ever have.

steeda makes some great stuff i have used a bunch of it on my mustangs

FYI- between me,brother,and parents we have 5 mustangs and 1 fairlane, thats in possesion now.... im not joe stang for fun

Well, all I can say is this... in 50 years when I'm like 85 an S351 convert. w/ 495 horses gonna be worth much more than some 6 cyl. GNX.... They only made like 50 (maybe not even that many) of these for about a six year period. Of that 50 there were probably 15 converts each year.... Saleen is the closest name to Shelby as far as Mustangs go for this generation of Mustangs. Similiar to what is going on today at the auctions.... Find an original Carol Shelby GT 500 or watever and see what they are bringin at Barrett Jackson... Prolly like $250K on an $6k investment... I'll Take my shot at collecting a Saleen S351 convertible over just about any other collectible car of this era. NOT SAYING THAT A GNX IS A BAD WAY TO GO... BUT IN 40 YEARS THEY AINT BRINGIN THE BLING NOR THE ATTENTION AS AN S351 WILL. On top of that, a TRUE sports car isn't AUTOMATIC............

NOPE... IT doesn't, especially a Saleen... Steeda nice Rousch nice... Saleen S-281 really nice... 351 the BEAST..............

+1
    have you worked on a saleen before?

Na actually I haven't... Hopefully buying a 94-00 351 convert. w under 20k and hopefully it will never require any work. It's always been my dream since 94 so I don't plan on putting more than like 5k a year on it. The only thing I would def. do is put a flowmaster off road exhaust on it. It would be spending much of the time under the cover in the garage.

Quote Originally Posted by coachfarnen View Post
    Well, all I can say is this... in 50 years when I'm like 85 an S351 convert. w/ 495 horses gonna be worth much more than some 6 cyl. GNX.... They only made like 50 (maybe not even that many) of these for about a six year period. Of that 50 there were probably 15 converts each year.... Saleen is the closest name to Shelby as far as Mustangs go for this generation of Mustangs. Similiar to what is going on today at the auctions.... Find an original Carol Shelby GT 500 or watever and see what they are bringin at Barrett Jackson... Prolly like $250K on an $6k investment... I'll Take my shot at collecting a Saleen S351 convertible over just about any other collectible car of this era. NOT SAYING THAT A GNX IS A BAD WAY TO GO... BUT IN 40 YEARS THEY AINT BRINGIN THE BLING NOR THE ATTENTION AS AN S351 WILL. On top of that, a TRUE sports car isn't AUTOMATIC............
    Currently a REAL GNX with low to no miles sells for around 80-100K.
    I doubt a Saleen Mustang will ever be worth that.What does an 87 Saleen sell for now?

Only 200 produced and you can buy it for 14.5K!
    You cant even buy a wrecked GNX for that!!!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

one of 68 made 12.7!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-...=p4506.c0.m245

A 100k mile GNX sold for 45k a few weeks back and they made 547 of those!

An S-351 has the same opprotunity that Shelby's cars had back in the 60's and early 70's.... Barrett Jackson isn't goin anywhere and there will always be a demand for collectibles... If the market gave Shelbys cars at least 50xs what they were originally worth I have a strong intuition an S-351 will be worth twice 2xs what it originally cost. Bout $65-75k. to 130-150k in a bout 30 years or so.....I'd be shocked if they didnt double. The problem w a GNX is that there are SOOO few originals unmodded w low mileage. Thats why u can only getem for $90k. There's probably less than ten left unmodded w low mileage. They were bought to drag. Anybody willin to pay big cash for a car like that w big mileage and or has been raced is either nuts or simply has the bling to piss away. You buy that car now for $90 (if you can actually find one) there's no guarrantee on your return on investment (ROI). Saleen has an aura similiar to Shelby, I'd prefer to take a shot there. BUT they are great drag cars the GNX. I'm just more of the sports car type and the Saleen offers strip and road course capabilties w a stick and convertible top. Also their exhaust sounds better than any car I've ever heard. Hands Down! It's all personal preference I guess...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information