+1

94 Spx Cuts Off Help!

Hello, I have a 1994 spx 657, the seadoo dealer replaced the fuel tank last week under the recall because it cracked. Took it out today and of coarse now the fuel gauge does not work wich it worked fine before and the ski will run great for about 2-5 minutes and then shut down. Then you wait a few seconds and then it fires up and run again for 2-5 minutes. When it is out of the water hooked to a flush pipe it fires up and if you hit the throttle in runs wide up and then slowly comes back to a idle. This machine ran great before they replaced the tank. If any of you great seadoo goroos have any idea let me know I will call the dealer monday but I know there gonna want to charge me a arm and leg to look at it Thanks

+1
    sounds like they did/didn't do something to it that they should/shouldn't have. take it back to them and be like WTF? dont pay them a penny if it was something they did.

make sure they tell you whats wrong with it and inspect it yourself. they might try to pull a fast one on you and tell you it is something else that is unrelated to try to get you to pay them to go back and fix THEIR mistake.

hopefully they will just be like "oh, sorry about that. have a nice day."

Yeah I agree...it ran fine before and now it doesn't...it's on their shoulders. But if I were to guess...they don't have the lines on correctly. It sounds like the tank vent line isn't allowing air in. When you mentioned it revs high and takes a long time to come back to idle that says there's not enough fuel getting into the system.

+1
    I was thinking the same thing, that they got the lines on wrong. Is there a thread or can some derict me to a manuel down load that would show the proper line routing? I hate to take it back to them they kept it for three weeks and acted like they didnt even want to work on it. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by OLDJETSKIMAN; 09-28-2008 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling

+1
    the shop manual is in the stickies at the top of the thread page. download it for free and the fuel section has the routing diagrams.

+1
    Thanks, I found it and did the down load. They crossed the vent line with the main fuel feed, as for the fuel gauge not working, they also cracked the baffle when they took it out. I asked them if they would just give me the tank I would do it my self, and they said we have to do it!!

Yeah sometimes when it comes to a warranty recall the shops do have to do the work. All recall and warranty work is recorded so the manufacturer can keep track of just how many warranties they have to honour. But the cracked baffle unit they should pay for and if you want to do the job yourself they can't say no. Just show them the damage and tell them it was fine before the new tank. Hopefully they'll be honest and decent and work with you, not against you.

Thread Information