+1

1994 polaris triple carb question

Is the pulse line from the crankcase to the carb, go to the 1 outlet on the back of the carb that sticks out.? or is the other one on the perimeter of the pump? i know 3 of the four are fuel outs to the carbs. where do you run the 3 fuel lines to the carbs?. i took off the caps on 2 of the carbs and used them. and the last line i put on the lil round thing where the original fuel line went. is that wrong? do i have to put a cap on that 1 line running to the carb? i didnt touch the upper rail. looks like im getting flooded. it ran fine earlier in the day with the original pump. now just the plugs gets soaked. i have good compression 130. replaced both main and reserve lines. cut each to exact length. also installed new filter.it's clean. half tank gas, plenty of oil. change lines to fuel separotor and fuel lines . the very long lines from the tank i kept. they are in good shape. helllllllllllllllllllllp installing this thing.going out tomm morning hopefully to test n run it. last good day of the year.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    The pulse line goes to the back of the pump, not the carbs. Unless you have the pro mikuni sbn 44's.
    Heres a diagram of the fuel line routing... you are adding the triple outlet pump right?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Not trying to high jack your thread but it is relevant.. Can the triple outlet fuel pump be put in the same location as the old one?????

I seen some of the members on here drill holes thru the ribs of the boat and mount it in the bottom of the boat is there any reason for this???? Cya Slick

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick PWC View Post
    Not trying to high jack your thread but it is relevant.. Can the triple outlet fuel pump be put in the same location as the old one?????

I seen some of the members on here drill holes thru the ribs of the boat and mount it in the bottom of the boat is there any reason for this???? Cya Slick
    Yes it could.

Bringing the fuel pump closer to the pulse fitting (engine) shortens the hose length. Shorter hose = stronger signal for better pump performance.

It also helps to "prime" the fuel pump as fuel flows down with gravity easier than pushing up to the pump.

NOTE: that the fuel pump MUST be installed above the pulse fitting. This prevents any water or excess fuel from settling in the vacuum hose and damaging the pump diaphragm.

Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Yes it could.

Bringing the fuel pump closer to the pulse fitting (engine) shortens the hose length. Shorter hose = stronger signal for better pump performance.

It also helps to "prime" the fuel pump as fuel flows down with gravity easier than pushing up to the pump.

NOTE: that the fuel pump MUST be installed above the pulse fitting. This prevents any water or excess fuel from settling in the vacuum hose and damaging the pump diaphragm.

thank you, I understand more all the time thanks for the help.. Cya Slick

onebadmech

Thumbs up 1997 SL 780 polaris

I wanted to know if there is a way to disconnect the rev limiter until i get another cdi box to be able to ride for the rest of this season if you can help i would apreciate it

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Fruge View Post
    I wanted to know if there is a way to disconnect the rev limiter until i get another cdi box to be able to ride for the rest of this season if you can help i would apreciate it
    Yeah, there is a way. Pull the grey wire on the cdi from the board, but whats the problem?
    Or are ya talking about the 6700 limit?
    Welcome to the Green Hulk!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Fruge View Post
    It's usually a quick fix, what's the issue you're having?

Thread Information