+1

K38 Associate Booth: PWCoffshore.com/River Rat Racing

For Immediate Release:

IJSBA World Finals
    K38 Water Safety - PWCoffshore.com - SX-4 Project

Come visit our K38 Associate Information booth!

Sign the WORLD FINALS GUEST BOOK! This is an annual project that will collect racing memories and create a historical base of events from you the participants!

As a public service to our boating community, we will have Boating Safety information available for free from the States of California and Arizona. Please stop by and pick up the literature.

You can preview the Memory Book from the 2007 Parade of Nations.

Kay Sykes, Chairperson for the World Finals 2nd Annual Parade of Nations will be the hostess in our K38 Associate Information Booth and will be promoting River Rat Racing programs and projects on behalf of our sport.
    http://www.riverratracing.org/

We will be next to the Liquid Militia Clothing booth in Vendor Alley. Look for the River Rat Racing-K38 Banner. Stop by and check out the River Rat Racing SX-4 on display.

Mark Gerner from the PWCOffshore.com Race Team will be handing out information for those of you who are interested in Personal Watercraft Endurance and Offshore racing! Shawn Alladio is one of the members of this prestigious team and is sponsored by Kawasaki Motors Corporation, Liquid Militia Clothing, PWCoffshore.com, OTB Boots, K38 GEAR, Mustang Survival
    www.PWCoffshore.com

K38 Water Safety, will have clothing available for purchase. Shawn Alladio is the IJSBA Water Safety Director for the World Finals and the K38 Water Patrol members will be working on behalf of our associate racers during the 2008 quakeysense World Finals.
    www.K38rescue.com

We wish all our racers a safe and exciting event!

We look forward to seeing you in Havasu!
    www.ijsba.com

K 38

Great Cause !!!

+1
    Nice meeting you (again) Shawn.

+1
    Just another day at the office.... This picture just doesn't show how ugly this situation was... and I'm sure it ain't nothing for the K38 crew!

Great job out there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3681.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	351.3 KB 
ID:	98902  

+1
    Heya HT!
    Nice to 'meet and greet', although my greetings were not very hospitable to the crew, I apologize. I truly miss the opportunity to generate contacts, renew friendships and to visit with all, its too hectic a week for me.

That picture you have is really great! I remember that, it was a juniors class race on the front straight turn. Not a good place to be in. If that is your picture can I have permission to reproduce it on my website? I could use that to train other course marshals, even in a stopped frame there are things I can point out that could help others.

I just now arrived at home, been gone a long time, and still little time to say thanks for the support!
    Shawn & K38 Crew

+1
    I have the originals. I'll go thru them and set you up a private folder to download them.

After meeting you (briefly) again, I remembered you from BP racing days. Amazing how my rusty trap memory works...partially.

+1
    Actually, if you want to help me out, Go thru my pics and PM me with the pic's you need. I'll search them on my end, and see how many I can find. I think there are 10 or more.

http://www.hydrotoys.com/08wf/
    Most are under people, I think.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    I have the originals. I'll go thru them and set you up a private folder to download them.

After meeting you (briefly) again, I remembered you from BP racing days. Amazing how my rusty trap memory works...partially.
    HAHA, yeah I've been around a while that is for sure, lurking in the shadows. Sure was brief! Our days began at 5am and they ended about 8:30 or 9pm. Then it was paperwork and prepations for the next day. I made a few quick appearances at some of the IJSBA related functions, but nothing with any significant timelines. Plus I was so tired all I could think about was getting four straight hours of sleep. I am sure many people were encountering their endurance limits.

I would greatly appreciate those images, and give me your contact info if you please for credits. I was hoping to find some video of the rescue towards the end of the final day that was on the inside doubles before the penalty and checkered buoys....that was a textbook recovery for that racer and one I could use for our course marshal training program.....let me know if you hear about anything in the ethernet about the unconscious face down female runabout rider recovery....
    Thanks again!
    Shawn

+1
    I could tell you were working in the groove! I didn't want to bother you. No biggie. I'll pm you.

+1
    I was not only in the groove but trying to remain steadfast...so hot, then cold, what a severe climate change! Being in a wetsuit all day when its roaring heat isn't fun for a full rotation of the sun, but neither was the wind chill in those sustained winds, nobody received any breaks from the weather that is for sure...but can't complain, we were still gifted with a great venue.

Your images are stellar, very pro, thanks for sharing them with all of us!
    Shawn

Thread Information