Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

15f dies, idles rough

My ski just recently started to die when you snap the trottle and after hard WOT runs if you let it off all the way. It also wont Idle on the trailer. I have the riva secondary exhaust mod, Rogue Big air filter about 130 hours on ski. I changed the plugs, ran sea foam through 1 full tank of gas, pulled the pump to make sure nothing was holding back the prop. It runs real good on the gas with a GPS speed of 61.1 with half tank of gas. Thanks in advance for any help.

+1
    welcome to the forums...

star with......swap out the ecu w/ another one if you can, check fuel pressure and filter.

what yr is the boat and do u have warranty ??

Quote Originally Posted by jetskier416 View Post
    My ski just recently started to die when you snap the trottle and after hard WOT runs if you let it off all the way. It also wont Idle on the trailer. I have the riva secondary exhaust mod, Rogue Big air filter about 130 hours on ski. I changed the plugs, ran sea foam through 1 full tank of gas, pulled the pump to make sure nothing was holding back the prop. It runs real good on the gas with a GPS speed of 61.1 with half tank of gas. Thanks in advance for any help.

Right after i put sea foam in mine fuel filter stopped up. 2 days later fuel pump crapped out. Seafoam is great for water removal and will take any residue on tank walls and lines off and stop filter up. I think fuel pump failed from age, not seafoam.

Its an 06 no warranty, runs good but seems to have allot more engine noise, could it be the valves need to be adjusted? Pulled the fuel rail off and started it, all injecters were spraying and then cracked the trottle wide open and blew the injecters right off so I dont think its the fuel filter cause it spewed gas out like crazy. How much does dealers charge to hook it up to a computer, I dont think Ill have access to another ECU.

Thanks

May possible be ethanol blend fuel causing engine noise if sounds like valvetrain noise. Do be careful about cranking with injectors, fuel lines apart though. Unless you have good comprehensive insurance policy. It will catch fire, spray in eyes, or combination of both...!!!!

snapper455

You have a bad Idle control seleniod , vacum leak or the TPS is going bad. The idle control can be cleaned sometimes but the TPS if bad (most likly problem) must be replaced. I always set the new TPS at the high end of the closed throttle voltage for a stronger idle and easyer starting

yep

I have the exact same problem with my green '06! I adjusted the throttle cable thinking it was stretched. Wasn't it. Going to check for vacuum leaks first then go from there.

Thing runs awesome wide open but will shut down sometimes when you let off the gas.

+1
    Something similar happened to my 250x. Happened right after a cooling hose popped off in the hull and filled up with water. I "think" some electrical connectors got soaked and dried out. The ski would surge after the throtle was released and sometimes die.

Mine is a green 06, pulled the trottle body off and ended up messing with the screw that looks like an air screw and forgot how many turns it was out, how do you test the TPS to see if its bad? and how many turns out is the screw, should I order a new TPS or just take to the shop and let them Rob me, or buy a service manual. I dont have allot of confidence in shops in my area, rather do my own work always have on 2 Stroks.

Thanks for any help

how do you test the TPS to see if its bad? and how many turns out is the screw, should I order a new TPS or just take to the shop and let them Rob me, or buy a service manual?
    > TPS output voltage w/ throttle closed is close to 1.0 VDC but that depends on the input voltage which is usually 5.0 VDC and it controlled by ECU. Basically, the 15's TPS is a 5:1 (inpututput) ratio potentiometer (variable resistance). Then all voltage on the circuit depends on the terminal voltage of the battery. They are all relative. So, setting it one voltage doen't mean much.
    > Screw adj - Not sure, but set it at the middle and do trial/error by 1/2 turn to each direction.
    > Service manual is a must.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information