Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PWC Brake System PATENT US & Canada

Here's one you don't see every day. We developed a PWC Braking System back in '04 and got a Patent awarded in both the U.S. and Canada in '06.

As with any Patent, it all boils down the claims of the device allowed by the Patent Trademark Office examiner. In a nutshell, this Patent covers a brake lever that controls a braking or non braking condition wherein one or more plates travel below the hull to impinge the flow of water creating drag.

The company that purchases the Patent will have the exclusive right to prevent unauthorized manufacture, sale or use of a personal watercraft braking system as claimed in the patent.

This should prove interesting as it looks like future skis will have a brake system available in the near future.

If you're interested in more details of the Patent, we have direct links to it from our website and information about the sale. www.watercraftinnovations.com

+1
    What about the new iS skis that are using a "braking system" for 2009??

Our patent covers the use of a brake lever among other specific claims. The purchaser of the patent will have the power to do what they wish, based on the approved claims.

I can't really comment on much more, other than to mention it's for sale. I wish I could. It should get very interesting...

+1
    That's what I was wondering about, since your patent locks in the use of the braking lever... and another MFG is using the term "braking lever" lol

BTW.. I have followed your stuff way back in the old JSN days when you get the LED lights working... good stuff man.

Do you still use the large drop plates for the brakes?

+1
    Your design has only one problem. You will not come to a complete stop very fast. People will think that it is like a car brake, which may be miss leading. Over all good idea. One idea to make it better is to have the reverse bucket drop at the same time as the brake flaps come down and about half throttle also come on. That will slow you down alot faster, than just drag alone.

Just my 2 cent you can add to make millions on. But still a good idea.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by f150vtx View Post
    Your design has only one problem. You will not come to a complete stop very fast. People will think that it is like a car brake, which may be miss leading. Over all good idea. One idea to make it better is to have the reverse bucket drop at the same time as the brake flaps come down and about half throttle also come on. That will slow you down alot faster, than just drag alone.

Just my 2 cent you can add to make millions on. But still a good idea.
    That is what the BRP system does.

+1
    So I guess PWCIND and BRP will be in court soon. I wonder who has more money to fight with.

We currently have 2 patents and 3 more are pending. All of them are for new products that were expensive to develop, which is why we obtain patents.

We're not interested in a court battle because we already had plans to sell the brake system patent. It will be up to the company that purchases it, to prevent others from manufacturing the system if they choose to do so.

The LED lights evolved into our "Safety Alert System" with the added feature of an emergency flasher for flagging someone down if you need help. You'll be seeing them on dozens of new model boats next year.

We still have the same plates, but the entire system will inevitably be made with a plastic material and injection molded manufacturing.

Quote Originally Posted by dsolie View Post
    That's what I was wondering about, since your patent locks in the use of the braking lever... and another MFG is using the term "braking lever" lol

BTW.. I have followed your stuff way back in the old JSN days when you get the LED lights working... good stuff man.

Do you still use the large drop plates for the brakes?

+1
    Do you guys have a kit for a center grab handle for kids to ride in front of parents. I had it on my 04 Polaris msx 110. Works great and keeps you and the kid from looking for space on the handle bar grips.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information