GTXL Advice...Next Step

Hi, Figured I would take advantage of everyones past experience on the forum to get advice for my next upgrade on my 2008 GTXL. All my mods are in my signature, basically at Stage 2+ just lacking 50# inj., ECU and valve-train upgrade, and have pre-ordered the new Riva waterbox. I am stuck at 72 mph and basically lost 1/2 MPH with the adjustable venturi with the 82 mm ring in, and am getting about 8100 RPM.

My question is, since the 81 mm ring brought my RPM's way down (could barely break 7980 at 69.7 mph), would my money be better spent swapping my S3 charger to a 2Rude or similar (do I need 50# inj. to do this) and swapping out the 14/19 for a 15/20 since I still have RPM room to go with the 81, or should I just go ahead and finish up the Stage 3? By my count I am looking at similar cash outlay either way. As with everyone else here, I have a need for speed and know I can get more out of my big old couch. Appreciate any thoughts / suggestions! By the way, I know the easy answer is "do all of the above" but I am in construction and the bonuses aren't flowing like they used to!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by g8tor8 View Post
    Hi, Figured I would take advantage of everyones past experience on the forum to get advice for my next upgrade on my 2008 GTXL. All my mods are in my signature, basically at Stage 2+ just lacking 50# inj., ECU and valve-train upgrade, and have pre-ordered the new Riva waterbox. I am stuck at 72 mph and basically lost 1/2 MPH with the adjustable venturi with the 82 mm ring in, and am getting about 8100 RPM.

My question is, since the 81 mm ring brought my RPM's way down (could barely break 7980 at 69.7 mph), would my money be better spent swapping my S3 charger to a 2Rude or similar (do I need 50# inj. to do this) and swapping out the 14/19 for a 15/20 since I still have RPM room to go with the 81, or should I just go ahead and finish up the Stage 3? By my count I am looking at similar cash outlay either way. As with everyone else here, I have a need for speed and know I can get more out of my big old couch. Appreciate any thoughts / suggestions! By the way, I know the easy answer is "do all of the above" but I am in construction and the bonuses aren't flowing like they used to!
    If you finish out the Stage 3 you get a boost in max RPMs to 8450 from 8100. With a new S/C and prop you would till be shooting for 8100 until you upgrade the ECU.

Thanks, that is what I've been thinking, just wanted verification. Won't stop till I get 75.

Thread Information