come Nov 4.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/hea...cell.cure.kmbc

Google "blind girl china stem cell" and you will see many
    more cases from around the world of people going to china
    to regain their sight.

I took the following from the John McCain website......so it is not
    from any liberal, left wing, commie lovin', etc. source:

Addressing the Moral Concerns of Advanced Technology

Stem cell research offers tremendous hope for those suffering from a variety of deadly diseases - hope for both cures and life-extending treatments. However, the compassion to relieve suffering and to cure deadly disease cannot erode moral and ethical principles.

For this reason, John McCain opposes the intentional creation of human embryos for research purposes. To that end, Senator McCain voted to ban the practice of "fetal farming," making it a federal crime for researchers to use cells or fetal tissue from an embryo created for research purposes. Furthermore, he voted to ban attempts to use or obtain human cells gestated in animals. Finally, John McCain strongly opposes human cloning and voted to ban the practice, and any related experimentation, under federal law.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tomgtv View Post
    Blind 8 yro American girl goes to China and with stem
    cell therapy now sees........ Too bad she lives under
    a regime that opposes her right to sight. That will change
    come Nov 4.

to regain their sight.

Stem cell research offers tremendous hope for those suffering from a variety of deadly diseases - hope for both cures and life-extending treatments. However, the compassion to relieve suffering and to cure deadly disease cannot erode moral and ethical principles.

For this reason, John McCain opposes the intentional creation of human embryos for research purposes. To that end, Senator McCain voted to ban the practice of "fetal farming," making it a federal crime for researchers to use cells or fetal tissue from an embryo created for research purposes. Furthermore, he voted to ban attempts to use or obtain human cells gestated in animals. Finally, John McCain strongly opposes human cloning and voted to ban the practice, and any related experimentation, under federal law.
    Wow can't believe you opened this can of worms on here

come Nov 4.

to regain their sight.

O.K.

You, and Eichmann, disagree with John McCain.

Anything new, other then this?

+1
    Tom, I'm not sure exactly which moon you're barking at here...

"John McCain strongly opposes human cloning and voted to ban the practice, and any related experimentation, under federal law."

Wanna know why?
    go rent a little movie called THE ISLAND (2005, director: Michael Bay)...

+1
    November 5th... the dems will be cryin' in their milk again- wonderin' why nobody gets them.... and no one shares their vision of the future.

+1
    I'm callin' you out Barama... my bet is that you will LOSE!

come Nov 4..[/COLOR]
    I agree w/stem cell research, but not .gov funded. My reason is, if the .gov funds the research w/our tax money, then a private company will end up benefiting from the tech developed.

If a company wants to research it on its own, then more power to them, and I hope they make something of it, but the .gov should not fund it. Nor should the pay to bail out AIG, Banks, Etc etc. the .gov should, however, support (verbally) any and all research that may benefit the public.

And just to open another can, where in the constitution does it say you have the right to use taxpayer money to regain vision?

+1

There's a reason for the topic

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Wow can't believe you opened this can of worms on here
    Besides the obvious value of looking at this important difference between
    Obama and McCain there is another reason. It's clear as day.....do you back the scientific progress that has and will be made with stem cell research or not? Other countries have made their decision.......read all about it in above links. The one case cited (out of many) is of an 8 yro girl getting her sight back.......try to spin that one McCain/Palin........how say you??

Greenhulk has thousands of members, many perhaps had/have not decided who to vote for on Nov 4. There is tremendous value in exploring the positions and statements of the candidates as you make up your mind.

When Yo Yo and his hangers on give their knee jerk reactions an interesting dynamic takes place. Yo Yo's statements and attack dog antics actually turn off voters. Do you want to be in the same party as a Yo Yo??

So.......thank you Yo Yo (and your fellow travelers), keep up the good work! We need more of you! Nov 4 will certainly be a good day!!

I'm sorry to report that the basis for this thread...McCain opposes stem cell research...is a total lie.

Every google 'hit' for "john mccain stem cell research" brings up his pro-research voting stance.

Here is just one selection:

McCain doesn't oppose stem-cell research. He supports it.
    He's voted to lift President Bush's restrictions on federal financing and to expand federal financing of stem-cell research. At some political peril, he stood by that stand during the Republican presidential primaries, when it threatened to cost him support from social conservatives.
    "Stem-cell research has the potential to give us a better understanding of deadly diseases and spinal cord injuries affecting millions of Americans," McCain said in April 2007 as he voted to support federal financing.
    In 2004, he was one of 14 Republicans who signed a letter to Bush urging him to lift restrictions on the research, which they said had the potential "to treat and better understand deadly and disabling diseases and conditions that affect more than 100 million Americans, such as cancer, heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury and many others."
    "The fact is John McCain has been a champion for stem-cell research, which holds the promise of curing devastating diseases like cancer, diabetes and heart disease," Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said Tuesday.
    "John McCain bucked the majority of our party in standing strong with me in urging the Bush administration to lift restrictions on stem-cell research, and last year voted to overturn the Bush policy."

Obama, and his internet zombies, are lying to us.

Use this information to decide who you think has the character to be our President.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Besides the obvious value of looking at this important difference between
    Obama and McCain there is another reason. It's clear as day.....do you back the scientific progress that has and will be made with stem cell research or not? Other countries have made their decision.......read all about it in above links. The one case cited (out of many) is of an 8 yro girl getting her sight back.......try to spin that one McCain/Palin........how say you??

Greenhulk has thousands of members, many perhaps had/have not decided who to vote for on Nov 4. There is tremendous value in exploring the positions and statements of the candidates as you make up your mind.

When Yo Yo and his hangers on give their knee jerk reactions an interesting dynamic takes place. Yo Yo's statements and attack dog antics actually turn off voters. Do you want to be in the same party as a Yo Yo??

So.......thank you Yo Yo (and your fellow travelers), keep up the good work! We need more of you! Nov 4 will certainly be a good day!!
    First of if you are hitting this hot topic you can't just throw out the term stem cells without being specific. The surgery in question what type of stem cells did it use? Adult, cord blood, or embryonic? I tried Googling, but I received 6 links back one of which was to this thread. So I found no answers as to which type of stem cells were used.

I agree with McCain on the issues of human cloning and GOVERNMENT FUNDED embryonic stem cell research. I for one think it is horrible to destroy human life for the sake of advancing science. There was another group of people who were very interested in advancing science by destroying human life, I believe they were called Nazis.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information