Thread: 99 SLTH bogging

99 SLTH bogging

I recently got my hands on a 99 SltH and was told that when you are wide open it boggs. I have only had it on the trailer running and that was when I bought it, and yes you can say that it bogged and smoked a lot. What I know about a 2 stroke is that when it gets to much fuel it will bogg and smoke as my honda 250r did until it cleaned it self of to much fuel and then it ran like a champ. Are pwc the same is that the problem or is it something else

i would post this thread in a different location like the how to and faqs section. you may have more luck there.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bossd View Post
    i would post this thread in a different location like the how to and faqs section. you may have more luck there.
    Welcome to the Hulk!

It will eventually get some attention here. Most problems like this should go into the General forum.

I am not a carb guy, so I cannot help directly.
    The common approach is to presume the carbs need cleaning. Pull them off the engine, disassemble, and clean. Rebuild with new parts where necessary, and new seals, etc.

The fuel lines are also 9 years old, so changing them would not be a bad idea. Install new fuel and oil filters, reset the carbs to factory settings (unless the engine has been modified).

With PWC engines, you cannot evaluate or test them on the trailer, unless the trailer is backed into the water with the PWC strapped in place. The engine needs a water load on the impeller. Idle speed out of the water can easily be twice the RPM it will be in the water.

Once you have the engine running OK on the trailer, then the final testing procedures require running on open water. Once everything has been cleaned, set, and checked, the engine should not bog at any speed.

You can download a Polaris Service manual from here.

Thread Information