Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Stock Ride Plate and trim

Since I got my ski back in May I have used the Riva plate, I would get around 70 when riding solo. This weekend I had a passenger and decided to put on the stock plate for a change.

The stock plate is MUCH better in the rough stuff, no porposing and cavitation like with the Riva plate. I did lose about 2 Mphs.

I managed to pulled 67 GPS with pasenger on the back.

IMO For crusing and running around its hard to beat the ride quality of that stock plate. I wish this ski had trim to get the best of both worlds

Is there an aftermarket trim system for the 250X?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post
    Since I got my ski back in May I have used the Riva plate, I would get around 70 when riding solo. This weekend I had a passenger and decided to put on the stock plate for a change.

The stock plate is MUCH better in the rough stuff, no porposing and cavitation like with the Riva plate. I did lose about 2 Mphs.

IMO For crusing and running around its hard to beat the ride quality of that stock plate. I wish this ski had trim to get the best of both worlds

A good trade off is getting Jims Performance to mod the stock plate......

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiguan RXP View Post

Are you using a pump wedge with the riva plate? as riva says this can cause it to porpose

Quote Originally Posted by hudsta View Post
    Are you using a pump wedge with the riva plate? as riva says this can cause it to porpose
    I have pump wedge and Riva plate and yes it does porpus. However when I put the RnD pump cone it changed everything. less jumping around. Still quick out of the hole and able to smoke anything that comes alongside me in Hilo bay!!! Also put on Valve cover blockoffs and BOV blockoff with airbox covers when I took off hoses that run to the back of the motor. Seems to be getting cooler air this way.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hudsta View Post
    No, just the Riva plate, I have tried the RD Intake grate which stopped the porposing and scrubbed 2 mphs
    But it does not hook up as well as the stock plate. I found the Riva Plate made the 250 cavitate in the slightest chop.

hmm i need a good plate for choppy water with alot of traffic. So this riva doesnt sound rite for me, also would this violate my warranty becuase its not really worth it to me for getting an extra 2mph

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra250 Tn View Post
    A good trade off is getting Jims Performance to mod the stock plate......
    Ok the price for Jim's mod to the stock ride plate is $245 plus shipping. The R&D plate is $245 plus shipping. Using an Impros impeller mod and a wedge is there any difference between those two plates in smooth water and chop and top speed?. My overall goal in top end.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    From what I understand is that the Riva plate is best for top end in smooth water, and Jims cut plate isnt far behind, but it handles rough water better, while still giving me 1.8 mph in the smooth..............

Yes, I know about the Riva plate...not what I am wanting, but the comparison to Jim's vs the R&D. I know the R&D plate extends back further than the stock mod so can I assume the stock mod and the R&D are basically similar in top end smooth and chop performance? They have a R&D at the dealer so I wouldn't have to my send my stock out to Jim's. But my impeller is being sent to Impros for modding and we just added the LX wedge. My goal is 5mph so can I assume that increase (along with the other 2 mods) to be TIED with respect to Jim's vs the R&D.

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooah_Killer View Post
    Yes, I know about the Riva plate...not what I am wanting, but the comparison to Jim's vs the R&D. I know the R&D plate extends back further than the stock mod so can I assume the stock mod and the R&D are basically similar in top end smooth and chop performance? They have a R&D at the dealer so I wouldn't have to my send my stock out to Jim's. But my impeller is being sent to Impros for modding and we just added the LX wedge. My goal is 5mph so can I assume that increase (along with the other 2 mods) to be TIED with respect to Jim's vs the R&D.
    Cant beat the STOCK plate for real ugly water,
    however the R&D is the best compromise

Stock modded is not far behind the R&D,
    R&D better when crossing cross wash/jetwash from other boats, ski feels more stable/controlled.

slightly drier ride, plaines slightly quicker

I run A 1 degree wedge as well with my R&D
    no wedge will improve response, but will slightly reduce top speed

Waz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information