Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Red face Hurricane IKE pics

Here are some pics of what Hurricane IKE did to the Houston/Galveston area, including all surrounded communites that make up these the Houston Galveston metro counties.
    Other areas affected were the Beaumont area where all the Dago Racing crew reside.
    All the Houston forum members were affected by the storm in some way or fashion. This was a very large storm that did lots fo damage. Not everyone is back to normal yet, but getting there. * Lets keep forum member [TheDome] in our prayers as he lost everything in the storm surge from the storm.
    I have talked to most everyone around me atleast once by phone or text message or email. I am glad to say that we are all safe and back to work and trying to resume some normalcy. Thanks to all those who said a prayer for us and kept us at heart for what we had to ride out.
    In this powerpoint slide, I am anywhere from 5-20 minutes from most of these pics. It is still very ugly in many locations around us. Some of us are still without power, but getting it back soon. Cudos to all those long hour working power crews.
    The pics don't service justice compared what what we have all seen in person especially those who live closer to the coast.
    * I am not in anyway trying to overplay this storm, it was devastating on a financial as well as an emotional standpoint.
    Experiencing the "eye' go over was weird too, but feeling the backside of the storm kick us in the rear was painful!
    I also haev to say, I love my Generator. We backed in to the main panel and supplied pwoer to the house. Could not run the central AC or Oven, but we had a small window unit and everything else. It also brought neighbors closer together and we met neighbors we never met before. Our home was the coffee shop and dinner spot everyday as we had the most comfort. We didn't mind we felt good to help people.
    Lets not forget those in the storm who they are unable to find, family members, friends & neighbors.
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    Geez!

+1
    Damn Billy...Im glad you guys were all OK..Its amazing them houses and buildings are still standing..

Omg Holy Cow..

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    ...Its amazing them houses and buildings are still standing...
    Many of the buildings that may appear to be OK on the outside will have to be demolished.

Structural damage or excessive contamination inside will condemn many of the 'still standing' buildings.

The storm will have changed parts of the coastline. Along parts of the shorelines, the properties themselves may no longer be there.

+1
    Total devastation. Very very sad

+1
    The link below shows alot of pictures from Bridge City and Orange, where TheDome, Yamahatoys, and myself live.

http://kogt.smugmug.com/gallery/5953...71134406_jLgnE

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Jesus... What a mess... If we ever got hit by something like that where I am, this place would be nonexistent. Well, my island would be fine, but the Outer Banks would be toast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    The link below shows alot of pictures from Bridge City and Orange, where TheDome, Yamahatoys, and myself live.

http://kogt.smugmug.com/gallery/5953...71134406_jLgnE
    Really sad. Don't even know what to say.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information