Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New RXP cracks

+1

New RXP cracks

We all have seen the cracks that appear on the bottom of the rxp hulls before. But, has anyone got or seen the cracks I have on the top front area? I noticed the 1st crack a month ago on the left of the BRP badge. It was only about 1.5 inches ling. Then another one started on the other side of the badge. Then the one in the middle came up. They are now about 2.5 - 2.75 inches long. They DO NOT go all the way to the front edge. They stop before the rubber bumper. Then I noticed the crack in the crease below the hood & it was only a straight line crack & now it's spidering up. This is all within 4 - 5 weeks. Is it just the gel coat I wonder? I did not hit anything head on as my bumper would show any impact if I did. At the rate they are growing & i'm afraid it's gonna start chipping away.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cracks 001.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	96835   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cracks 002.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	96836   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cracks 003.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	96837  

+1
    They all crack there! It's from sticking the nose into waves....It's a badge of honor

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    They all crack there! It's from sticking the nose into waves....It's a badge of honor
    Well schit then, Crack away!

+1
    They are not all what they are cracked up to be...lol. sorry.

+1
    Jim it just means your getting good use out of your ski!

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    We all have seen the cracks that appear on the bottom of the rxp hulls before. But, has anyone got or seen the cracks I have on the top front area? I noticed the 1st crack a month ago on the left of the BRP badge. It was only about 1.5 inches ling. Then another one started on the other side of the badge. Then the one in the middle came up. They are now about 2.5 - 2.75 inches long. They DO NOT go all the way to the front edge. They stop before the rubber bumper. Then I noticed the crack in the crease below the hood & it was only a straight line crack & now it's spidering up. This is all within 4 - 5 weeks. Is it just the gel coat I wonder? I did not hit anything head on as my bumper would show any impact if I did. At the rate they are growing & i'm afraid it's gonna start chipping away.
    Is this the same RXP that was flying in that YouTube video throwing the rider like a ragdoll resembling your picture that was someway distorted because it happend so Fast and the Furious in H2O.......and NOW the owner "Jim" is asking where the cracks came from?.....is Jammer 1 close.....Jim? If I was the RXP...I would dissowned YOU ...........Cracks... Pamela Anderson has less streach marks after her RXBoobie reduction, compared to your RXP too funny you funny guy Jim...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    Is this the same RXP that was flying in that YouTube video throwing the rider like a ragdoll resembling your picture that was someway distorted because it happend so Fast and the Furious in H2O.......and NOW the owner "Jim" is asking where the cracks came from?.....is Jammer 1 close.....Jim? If I was the RXP...I would dissowned YOU ...........Cracks... Pamela Anderson has less streach marks after her RXBoobie reduction, compared to your RXP too funny you funny guy Jim...
    Did that clip make youtube?
    Hehe, the cracks were there before the race. I will admit to being thrown, but the cracks were there already. Probably came from the LB2CAT originally & then grew from rough water riding. Now, the crack in the crease area might have come from the "faulty Seadoo brake system" that day.

"They DO NOT go all the way to the front edge. They stop before the rubber bumper. Then I noticed the crack in the crease below the hood & it was only a straight line crack & now it's spidering up. This is all within 4 - 5 weeks"

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    Did that clip make youtube?
    Hehe, the cracks were there before the race. I will admit to being thrown, but the cracks were there already. Probably came from the LB2CAT originally & then grew from rough water riding. Now, the crack in the crease area might have come from the "faulty Seadoo brake system" that day.

"They DO NOT go all the way to the front edge. They stop before the rubber bumper. Then I noticed the crack in the crease below the hood & it was only a straight line crack & now it's spidering up. This is all within 4 - 5 weeks"
    Jim, If your looking for in fo......here it is. The harder you ride(which we all saw, you don't have to prove anything) The more stress youre going to have and the RXP. Offshore riding takes a lot out of the man and machine its simple as that. I have all the cracks, if that makes you feel better You have to understand how fiberglass works Bro, it's just the way it is, Fiberglass. I bet you, it's gel coat stress marks. The way YOU, Dubz1, Pirate33 rides......there is NO wake in the ocean that is left undisturbed.......

and that's an '06 RXP...........compared to my '04 RXP.......Your an "ANIMAL!"...............slow down and enjoy the women in Bikini thongs on the beach.................life's too short......ask the Pirate.

Glad your O K.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information