Found a bad leak on 05 150 sport scic

For months I have been chasing for a water leak in my 05 sportsteer. Seems to always get about 3-4 gal of water in the engine conpartment, this was driving me nuts. I had checked the carbon ring, around the ride plate, drain plugs ( they did leak too ) any thing that was bolted to the hull below the water line. Finally found that the back of the boat around the bounding line ( top deck meets the hull ) had a fine line of silicone adheasive sealing the two halves together. Every time I would accelerate water would come gushing in at this bound line, What a poor attemt to bond two mating surfaces together Sea-doo needs to start using better adheasives to join structual surfaces together. I drilled out all of the rivits around the back of the boat and cleaned in between the joint then used 3m 5200 to re seal and bound the seam back together. I had to go back to the dealer to purchase the long rivits needed to re rivit the bond line together. If any one is trying to find a leak that seems impossible to find check your bond line.

dude i've been chasing this leak for a while finally got out the hose and started spraying, same exact issue, pretty poor design

+1
    yup i had the same problem with my sportster 150. I didnt take the rubrail off though. took that big foam block out and sealed it from the inside with a marine sealer. cant remember what kind but it was really runnie and sealed it up nice and good

I chased that problem for a year before I found it. Sea-Doos poor craftsmanship. I expected higher quality from BRP.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom V View Post
    I chased that problem for a year before I found it. Sea-Doos poor craftsmanship. I expected higher quality from BRP.
    you know that hose( small clear & bent in half down by the driveshaft hooked to the pump) well it poped off and almost sank my boat as its only held on with small zip ties, i used grear clamps when i fixed it. Only reason i found the rubrail bond seem leak was when i was check my little hose repair. i had it tied to the trailer when i backed it in and i was shocked by how much water was coming in

My RXP hull is ALOT better built then the 150. 150's are junk imo... the hull crack like crazy and there full of spray foam that absorbs water. thats where all the little foam bits are coming from....

Thread Information