Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Did Osama Bin Laden reach his goal?

I remember back to 9/11 that Osama said he was going to break the financial backbone of the US. Do you now think he has accomplished this?

sitting here watching CNN and thinking in a weird way that the taliban and Osama are laughing their butts off, just totally disgusts me...

once again the less than middle class (now) having to pay for the greedy assholes of this country...
    This is Def a GW Bush clusterfuck as he exits the whitehouse...

Banned User
    +1
    There are yes and no responses to that answer...

The financial situation is funny, the DOW average just before 9/11 was 8850-ish, dropping under 7000 later, only to rebound to TWICE that...YET just before Bush took office, Clinton left us with Trillions in surplus $$$...Bush has spent it all on WAR issues, now we are Trillions in the hole...So DOW goes up, so does debt

Everyone is pointing fingers at other people, and its getting tiresome. No one wants to take the blame...But the blame falls on ANYONE and EVERYONE that was careless about money, and those that let careless spending run unrestricted (see housing and oil prices)....

Just my opinion, as the last few weeks I have gotten more involved in the state of the economy that I ever have......and my BS meter exploded awhile ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    There are yes and no responses to that answer...

The financial situation is funny, the DOW average just before 9/11 was 8850-ish, dropping under 7000 later, only to rebound to TWICE that...YET just before Bush took office, Clinton left us with Trillions in surplus $$$...Bush has spent it all on WAR issues, now we are Trillions in the hole...So DOW goes up, so does debt

Everyone is pointing fingers at other people, and its getting tiresome. No one wants to take the blame...But the blame falls on ANYONE and EVERYONE that was careless about money, and those that let careless spending run unrestricted (see housing and oil prices)....

Just my opinion, as the last few weeks I have gotten more involved in the state of the economy that I ever have......and my BS meter exploded awhile ago!
    excellent POV!
    I also heard on CNN a statement:
    protect your investments, don`t mess with any 401K just yet, and
    LIVE SMALL...Do NOT charge anything on credit cards...

America has lived on credit for sooo long, everyone is affected. well except the rich that can afford to pay cash...

+1
    he didnt have to do anything pretty sad

Quote Originally Posted by JD 1 View Post
    he didnt have to do anything pretty sad
    I can only say that "His" statement at that time was to make America Broke... almost everything after that tragic event costs more one way or another...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    I remember back to 9/11 that Osama said he was going to break the financial backbone of the US. Do you now think he has accomplished this?

sitting here watching CNN and thinking in a weird way that the taliban and Osama are laughing their butts off, just totally disgusts me...

once again the less than middle class (now) having to pay for the greedy assholes of this country...
    This is Def a GW Bush clusterfuck as he exits the whitehouse...
    Did you say Osama or Obama...

I will say again, no one held a gun to the unqualified borrowers and made them sign the line, it could be argued the government held the gun on the lenders!

Plenty of blame to go around, but I don't see it as only a Bush baby, much of this this rotten egg was "hatched" LONG before Bush ever took over...

A New York Times article from Sept. 1999 states that Fannie Mae had been under increasing pressure from the Clinton administration to expand mortgage loans among low- and moderate-income people and that the corporation loosened its lending requirements to comply.

An ominous paragraph of the article reads, "In moving, even tentatively, into this new area of lending, Fannie Mae is taking on significantly more risk, which may not pose any difficulties during flush economic times. But the government-subsidized corporation may run into trouble in an economic downturn, prompting a government rescue similar to that of the savings and loan industry in the 1980s." more here:
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=75717

The Clinton administration, meanwhile, reinterpreted the Jimmy Carter-era Community Reinvestment Act to politicize lending practices. Under the CRA, the government forced banks to prove they weren’t “redlining” — i.e., discriminating against minorities — by approving loans to minorities and various left-wing “community group” shakedown artists whether they were bad risks or not. more here:
    http://patriotpost.us/opinion/entry.asp?entry_id=47697

Surely both parties have had a part in this mess, but let's not forget, the top three U.S. senators getting big Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac campaign contributions were Democrats, and No. 2 is Sen. Barack Obama, who scored $126,349 DIRECTLY from PACs and individuals on their behalf.

Obama and his liberal cohorts blocked the reform needed to deal with this problem, and ingnored the warnings from John McCain, who in proposing the Federal Housing Enterprise Regulatory Reform Act of 2005, S. 190, said the following in 2006:

"If Congress does not act, American taxpayers will continue to be exposed to the enormous risk that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac pose to the housing market, the overall financial system, and the economy as a whole. I urge my colleagues to support swift action on this GSE reform legislation."--John McCain
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/reco...Elementm0m0m0m

Yes yes yes, I understand all that, so let`s get back to Topic at hand...

It was the utmost desire to cost this nation everything to weaken us financially and it`s looking that all the trillions of dollars spent on the war is def costing us a lot more than anyone anticipated. I can not quote political scenario`s, but in my opinion this is exactly what is happening...
    so many area`s of American lives have been effected by the financial disaster, relief efforts for the past hurricanes and such have never been met, many Americans losing jobs, homes, cars etc... where does it end???

it won`t anytime soon, even if your one the straight and narrow, it`s going to cost you. Didn`t anyone see this self destructive mechanism?
    so after we lost so many lives, struck our financial heart, and made textiles, food, and oil products climb thru the roof, look at us now...

so now when oil reaches less than 60 a barrel, will the pumps reflect that? or are we still getting it up the ass?...

so few responses, I guess no one see the reality of it...

+1
    Steady there Andy,
    the terrorists haven't won.... yet.

Sometimes trouble makes us look back to our roots, and grow stronger.

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Yes yes yes, I understand all that, so let`s get back to Topic at hand...

It was the utmost desire to cost this nation everything to weaken us financially and it`s looking that all the trillions of dollars spent on the war is def costing us a lot more than anyone anticipated. I can not quote political scenario`s, but in my opinion this is exactly what is happening...
    so many area`s of American lives have been effected by the financial disaster, relief efforts for the past hurricanes and such have never been met, many Americans losing jobs, homes, cars etc... where does it end???

it won`t anytime soon, even if your one the straight and narrow, it`s going to cost you. Didn`t anyone see this self destructive mechanism?
    so after we lost so many lives, struck our financial heart, and made textiles, food, and oil products climb thru the roof, look at us now...

so now when oil reaches less than 60 a barrel, will the pumps reflect that? or are we still getting it up the ass?...

so few responses, I guess no one see the reality of it...
    I know exactly what ur talking about....and it troubles me deeply....it has been a catalyst to accelerate and place demands upon a system that is proving to be unable to act because of bi-partisan bickering and greed......and the whole country is suffering as the financial institutions buckle from an era of bad practices and impotent government.....what to do???

God help us all....

Banned User
    +1
    ......so few responses, I guess no one see the reality of it...

Its not that they don't see the reality....its more like no one knows the real truth. Yet we all can identify with where the problem lies....

Plus it takes some big balls to comment on political-ish threads on here lately, because if you type one wrong word, people freak ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information