Notes on 2009 FXSHO Hull and Trim

I now have a whopping 3 hours on my FXSHO and its the best handling and accelerating PWC I have ever been on, and I suspect there is a lot of untapped speed in this massive 1800 cc motor.

I am curious about the hull and trim. First, the hull planes out quickly but when I let off the gas, it flattens out on the water and slows to a crawl very quickly. I don't know if that was by design or a fluke. Secondly, I noticed when I set it up for a sharp turn around a buoy, it takes more thrust than a GPR to get it turned around but once it does, it turns with authority.

Lastly, I can't help but notice the gaps in the rear corner bumpers around the trim. After every ride I am pulling seaweed (lakeweed rather) and leaves out from between the rear corner bumpers and the trim on the side. I wonder if this creates drag at holeshot.

I have WOT'd my PWC but I haven't pinned it for any length of time. It really gets there quick. I am GPS'ing 65 mph right now with an ultimate goal of getting 70 mph without touching the engine. If I do touch the engine, I hope to get 75 mph on it, but that will be after the warranty expires!

u will get to 75-76 without touching the engine

Quote Originally Posted by squid52 View Post
    Really? Tell me more please.

The weed catching in the back is normal for them. Mine has done it for 8 months now, and one of the girls here just bought one three weeks ago and her's catches weed as well.
    I guess you could squeeze a bead of silicone in that area if you wished to-----personally I find it easy to pull out at wash up time.

FWIW, my GPR used to catch it at the very front of the sponsons, but SHO doesn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by the gos View Post
    Really? Tell me more please.

FWIW, my GPR used to catch it at the very front of the sponsons, but SHO doesn't do that.
    I have had a GPR from 2001 until recently. I probably became too accustomed to GPR turning. I had aftermarket sponsons in the middle that still caught toward the front that led to a few unexpected "swims."

The GPR is smaller and ligher, thus turns better. And I'll be very close to 75 without touching the motor. Once I order a plate from Jim, best mod you can do speed/money. And I catch sea-weed back there to, not to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by squid52 View Post
    Tell me how too ?

Thread Information