Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    154

    For those who did timing advance mod

    Did it reduce the amount of gas/condensed fluid that you guys have been draining? I'm guessing the advance leads to more complete combustion, have you seen it to be true as evidenced by reduced catch can fluid?


  2. #2
    ???????????????????????????????????

  3. #3
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    Did it reduce the amount of gas/condensed fluid that you guys have been draining? I'm guessing the advance leads to more complete combustion, have you seen it to be true as evidenced by reduced catch can fluid?
    I have the 6* advance along with the OCMS & 08 style crank breather setup. I'm still draining 1 oz per tank from the catch can. The timing mod did not make any difference in the amount.

  4. #4
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,991
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    I have the 6* advance along with the OCMS & 08 style crank breather setup. I'm still draining 1 oz per tank from the catch can. The timing mod did not make any difference in the amount.
    +1

  5. #5
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    I have the 6* advance along with the OCMS & 08 style crank breather setup. I'm still draining 1 oz per tank from the catch can. The timing mod did not make any difference in the amount.
    I found it increased my pucker factor in my pants, does that count

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    I found it increased my pucker factor in my pants, does that count

    Yes it certainly does !



    seeing as it didn't change for anyone, just lends more towards mechanical (rings) than fuel richness, helps narrow down things a bit.

    Thanks for the replies!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    Yes it certainly does !



    seeing as it didn't change for anyone, just lends more towards mechanical (rings) than fuel richness, helps narrow down things a bit.

    Thanks for the replies!
    do you think that with the 250x with no aircleaner, = bad rings as salts like sand when it dries.

    Maybe why 07's seem to be more common , older and more around.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, FL
    Posts
    154
    Quote Originally Posted by blue 250x bandit View Post
    do you think that with the 250x with no aircleaner, = bad rings as salts like sand when it dries.

    Maybe why 07's seem to be more common , older and more around.

    If that were the case just about every jetski operated in saltwater would have bad rings. Flame arrestors don't do much for salt air ina liquid/gas state. It's obvious the rings/pistons have a design issue on the 250X as evidenced by the 09 260X

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by efizjb View Post
    If that were the case just about every jetski operated in saltwater would have bad rings. Flame arrestors don't do much for salt air ina liquid/gas state. It's obvious the rings/pistons have a design issue on the 250X as evidenced by the 09 260X

    what other ski dosent run an air cleaner or for that matter or anything motorised and sold to the public.

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by blue 250x bandit View Post
    what other ski dosent run an air cleaner or for that matter or anything motorised and sold to the public.
    most as they are fitted with flame arrestors if they are normal aspirated. having a s/c and i/c would do this job. clean hull in motor compartment=clean intake air. my opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. For those who.........
    By peteshauling in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-21-2006, 02:19 PM
  2. ? for those who have melted exhaust pipe.
    By Pale Rider in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 07-07-2006, 07:55 AM
  3. For those who loved Anchorman...
    By Rocket in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 05:11 PM
  4. For those with the triple bearing mod.............
    By Jeff C in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-26-2006, 10:47 PM
  5. For those who live in or around Jacksonville, FL
    By Therock in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 05:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •