League City, Texas

Post US Refining Capacity

US Refining Capacity
    Just to give you an idea of how large the Refining capacity of Texas is as well as the US in general

Exxonmobil in Baytown is the largest, and BP Texas City runs second behind it.

Btw, PADD stands for Petroleum Administration for Defense Districts
    Attached Files Attached Files

Central Florida
    The offshore ban expired last night.
    Unfortunately, as I understand it the battle is not over---there are other state blockades still holding up our domestic energy efforts.

"Conservatives are declaring October 1 “Energy Freedom Day” to mark the expiration of a congressional ban on offshore drilling and domestic shale oil exploration.

Traditionally Congress renews the ban at the end of every fiscal year, but this year it was allowed to terminate.

“Energy Freedom Day is a victory for the American people that stood up and made their voices heard in Washington. Thanks to millions of Americans demanding action, the bans on American energy have expired and we can begin to produce our own oil and natural gas to lower gas prices and reduce our dependence on foreign oil,” Sen. Jim DeMint (R.-S.C.) said. “Opening up American energy is an important step to get our economy moving again. The federal government and states could reap over a trillion dollars in revenues that will help reduce the tax burden on Americans.”

There is estimated to be more than 20 billion barrels of oil and 97 trillion cubic feet of natural gas in offshore locations and somewhere between 800 billion and 2 trillion barrels of oil shale in the Western states.

DeMint and Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R.-Tex.), chairman of the Republican Study Committee, spearheaded the “Energy Freedom Day” effort. Together, they launched a bicameral campaign to publicize the energy ban and its end date through an aggressive internet-based campaign.

DeMint introduced the “Drill Now Act” to the Senate Monday to “permanently open offshore drilling and oil shale, expedite the leasing process to allow drilling to begin as early as 2009, ensure state revenue sharing, and stop frivolous lawsuits that delay energy production.”

....back from the dead.... J-ME's Avatar
    RX, do you have any outputs for the east coast?

I'd like to see SUNOCO, Conoco Phillips and Valero specifically.

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Odessa, TX
    What scares me is how many of those facilities I have actually been to.

Thread Information