Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

Taking On Water!!!

had this happen on the virage first,after installing the triple pipes,i rerouted the bilge line and eliminated the high loop.everytime i stopped,the rushing water found its way into the bilge exit and into the hull,easy fix.then the pro seemed to always get excessive water in the hull.one time before,it had blown out the foam blocks under the rear corner rail caps,shooting lots of water up the back of the ski.well the left rear was doing it again and pushing water high enough to enter the bilge exit on it.repaired the foam and drilled relief holes to let the water escape out the rear instead of driving the foam blocks out,about 8 1/8" holes

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    ...I rerouted the bilge line and eliminated the high loop. Every time I stopped, the rushing water found its way into the bilge exit and into the hull, easy fix.

then the pro seemed to always get excessive water in the hull. one time before, it had blown out the foam blocks under the rear corner rail caps, shooting lots of water up the back of the ski. well the left rear was doing it again and pushing water high enough to enter the bilge exit on it.
    ...repaired the foam and drilled relief holes to let the water escape out the rear instead of driving the foam blocks out,about 8 1/8" holes
    Why would you eliminate the high loop in the bilge pump exit hose? The high point is there specifically to prevent water from flowing backwards into the hull from the outside. Same for the high elbow in the bilge siphon hoses.

Where did you drill these drain holes? Through the hull rear to the outside? Any holes low enough to drain water would also be low enough to allow outside water back in.
    Am I missing something?

+1

drain

why would i eliminate the high loop????cuz i'm a dumbass .only did it on the virage when i did the triples,wasn't thinking about the bilge when i was moving stuff around.on the pro i drilled thru the plastic corner caps so that as the lower lip catches water going foward it has a place to relieve the pressure instead of pushing up into the foam and blow it out

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    ...on the pro I drilled thru the plastic corner caps so that as the lower lip catches water going forward it has a place to relieve the pressure instead of pushing up into the foam and blow it out
    There is foam under the hull bond line, on the outside of the hull at the rear?

I'll have to look more closely the next time I see a Pro hull

Or is the seam bond not sealing the water out from the hull interior?

+1

caps

the corner rub rail caps have some foam under them,mine weren't bonded very good and blew out,used some grey rtv and resealed them a added piece blew out on the left side,so i drilled the rivets out again,put in a new piece,more rtv,lots more,and reriveted it and added the relief holes,so far so good

Thread Information