Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Flush Kit Stay on or must come off

I have an RXP and a T-X. Both have hose hook ups on the exhaust side of tunnel.

I understand about the order 1)start ski 2) water on 3) water off and then 4) turn off ski

I thought I recently read that you should not leave a quick connect for the flush hose on the ski when you run it inn the water. Is that true? If so, I don't see the benefit of a quick connect for our skis. The only benefit I see is you don't have to twist a hose on, just the connect, but that is not a great time saver.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    No reason you can't leave a quick connect on. With the quick connect you don't have to run and turn the hose on and off, just connect the hose after starting and disconnect before stopping ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    No reason you can't leave a quick connect on. With the quick connect you don't have to run and turn the hose on and off, just connect the hose after starting and disconnect before stopping ski.
    +1, plus some of the quick connects have a valve built in. Mine does, I just use it.

Flush Kit

This might sound a little extrem, but it's like asking, quote " my car has a gas cap, and I have to remove it to gas up!, why can i just leave it off all the time", just use common sense if it does not come with a flush kit plugged in from the factory, !DON'T LEAVE IT IN! always refer to your owner manual and if you don't get a clear answear call BRP, and they will give you the right answear.

+1
    I was told not to leave it connected as water drains through there while the ski is running and the quick connect will restrict the flow of water. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I don't leave it connected. It's not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by rangermtb5 View Post
    I was told not to leave it connected as water drains through there while the ski is running and the quick connect will restrict the flow of water. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I don't leave it connected. It's not that big of a deal.
    +1 if its not suppose to be there don't leave it in. Stop being lazy, not everything is going to be as convenient as you would like.

I aways advise against it. Saw a couple 951's melt down from those things. In both cases though the adapters were "home Depot" specials that reduced the outlet diameter to the size of a pencil

+1
    I also remember reading about people's quick connect falling off while riding. Totally not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    +1 if its not suppose to be there don't leave it in. Stop being lazy, not everything is going to be as convenient as you would like.
    Not sure how "lazy" got put into this conversation. I am not taking it personally, but I never said I didn't want to or could not exert the effort to do this. I was just asking a question!

This is good information for people to see, especially if this saves a motor for some folks.

How do the units that the dealers sell compare with the units that Lowes sells?... Ron

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information