Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Worthless 14/19 for sale

Viper450 sold me a Solas Concord SRX-CD 14/19r with the splines evely worn. As it was sold to me, it was new, unused, but was installed on his ski. It was shipped to me where it sat for 4 months, until I tried to install it. When I relaized I had the wrong impeller tool (185 hp) I noticed the splines were worn and posted pics of it. It was recommended that I not use the impeller for fear that it would strip my newly installed driveshaft. Viper450 refuses to admit he sent me a damaged impeller and puts the blame on my using the wrong impeller too on the impeller. As the pictures show, the 185 hp impeller tool is significantly smaller than the 215 hp impellers. The wear is even across all the splines.

Pics show the evenly worn splines on the impeller, the measurement of the 185 hp impeller tool, the measurement of the impeller, the timpeller tool sitting in the splines of the impeller and the 5.5mm pic is the difference between the i9mpeller tool and the impeller, showing the gap between the two.

Any reasonable offers will be accepted. Viper450 offered to give me $50 and I send him the impeller back.

PM Viper450 with any quesitons concerning this impeller.

As when I received it the impeller is flawless looking, besides the splines.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6508.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	359.4 KB 
ID:	97128   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6513.JPG 
Views:	37 
Size:	340.5 KB 
ID:	97129   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6516.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	388.7 KB 
ID:	97130   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6517.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	485.1 KB 
ID:	97131   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6519.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	484.4 KB 
ID:	97132  

+1
    Just to show the history of the impeller and reason for selling:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57793, this is where it was sold to me.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61592, this is where the 14/19 sold to me was replaced by Viper450

so are ya saying that JIMC sold viper a F`d up impeller?

+1
    no sir. I am saying that I had a worthless impeller by the time it got to me. I am not sure who/what screwed this thing up, just that it was screwed up by the time it got to me. Viper450 sold me the impeller, then replaced a month later from JimC.

Find it awkward that he sold it to me, then turned around and bought another one.

Master of the Dooniverse
    looks like the prop was run with a really worn shaft. junk. obviously you could never develop enough force with that tool to do any kind of work on that internal spline, since they don't engage at all. d ropping the blame on you alone sounds fishy.

Maybe you could trade this for a leaky IC... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wayniac View Post
    looks like the prop was run with a really worn shaft. junk. obviously you could never develop enough force with that tool to do any kind of work on that internal spline, since they don't engage at all. d ropping the blame on you alone sounds fishy.
    Fishy?! Viper450 offered me $50. Not for partial blame, but for hopes that he can make it work. I told him via PM, that he could send me $50, but if wasn't getting the impeller back. If he wanted the impeller back, he had to give me $80 (half the cost of the impeller minus shipping). $80 and Viper450 and I are good. He refuses.

He puts the blame on the 215 impeller on the 185 tool, AND waiting 4 months to notify him. I know the 185 tool didn't strip the splines...maybe the 4 months sitting in the box did???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    Maybe you could trade this for a leaky IC... Ron
    I put the impeller on the splines of the driveshaft to check the stability. It seems to lock into place, but it was recommended to me to not use it, based on the pics.

Actually, Is there anyone that thinks they can work on it? Maybe this things can look factory again? I am not sure.

If not, I entertain $1 plus actual shipping. ...Or forged pistons. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    so are ya saying that JIMC sold viper a F`d up impeller?
    I DID NOT SELL HIM A F***up IMPELLER dont drag me into this he got what I advertised!!!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    I DID NOT SELL HIM A F***up IMPELLER dont drag me into this he got what I advertised!!!!!!!
    You are not being drug into anything. Viper450 sold me a screwed up impeller, then a month later bought one from you.

JimC had nothing to do with my transaction. Sorry JimC. I was only showing that viper450 sold me the impeller, then replaced it with the one he bought from you.

Note: Look at the dates of the threads/posts.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information