Hull reccomendations

Looking to getting into some circuit racing and offshore challenges.. I have my eye on the XLL but I m really wondering if the GPR can stay down enough. The ultra's seem to have scared alot out of the water..
    Last edited by mr.sig; 10-04-2008 at 07:21 PM.

can anyone chime in here????? I know there must be some rough water boys amongst all you..

the ultra's are dominating off shore around these parts and have been for some time.

that's why we are all waiting on the FZR to come out as we suspect it may be a new contender, an SHO may give some indication of what an FZR can do in the rough but only a hint.

As for the GPR, it does ok off shore but it has to be setup for it;
    i.e. shred plate, extended tabs, 1200 single bar grate, proped for rough

you also need to be mega fit to hang onto it in off shore and as for CC racing, well i watched a stock 05 GPR recently destroy a brand new RXPX on the CC course at a club meet, why did it win, well it came down to fitness and the younger guy just had more to give on the slower sk then the older guy on the faster ski....

the ski is only half of the equation, the other half is the rider.

As a mate of mine said recently when comparing the ulstra's to everything else on the track. He said " the ultra riders don't have to exert any where near as much effort hanging on during a race which is why they are winning the enduro events with ease" Ok so they aint beating Danny from JP (83mph+ in the chop) but hey thats a mega bucks RXP but then again they ( the ultras) aint far off his tail at the same time.

Personally i wouldn't bother building a GPR for off shore racing now, its not worth the effort. The 4techs are taking over.

Thread Information