Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Carb Adapters

  1. #1
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5

    Carb Adapters

    I contacted Hot Seat and haven't gotten a response back yet so I thought I'd post my question here to get a faster response. Does anyone know if they make a carb adapter for the Keihin carbs to fit on the Hot Seat hi-flow air intakes? If so, does anyone have a set of 3 for sale? Thanks!


  2. #2
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,777
    +1
    405

    ????

    never heard of any.when i was doing all the sleeper carbs,which flowed 183 cfm vs 168 stock,the 42's were around 205.i remember the stock intakes were well above that cfm so there wasn't any restriction in the stock intake runners and even the stock cages flowed more than enough air with the ct petals and stuffers with the 42's.the real issue with the stock 40's is jetting with triple pipes and even more so with the reeds. and pop off.the ct light petals i have make for a erratic takeoff from time to time.the heavy tension are a little sluggish,so the v-force with stuffers would be the hot ticket there.my pro has awesome throttle response with the heavy tension setup

  3. #3
    rlharrison60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Posts
    1,091
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by TxPro1200 View Post
    never heard of any.when i was doing all the sleeper carbs,which flowed 183 cfm vs 168 stock,the 42's were around 205.i remember the stock intakes were well above that cfm so there wasn't any restriction in the stock intake runners and even the stock cages flowed more than enough air with the ct petals and stuffers with the 42's.the real issue with the stock 40's is jetting with triple pipes and even more so with the reeds. and pop off.the ct light petals i have make for a erratic takeoff from time to time.the heavy tension are a little sluggish,so the v-force with stuffers would be the hot ticket there.my pro has awesome throttle response with the heavy tension setup
    When I put V-Force reeds in my 1050, The stuffers wouldnt fit, because of the way the reed block is made. Does it need stuffers, and if so if there a different set for it I can get?

  4. #4
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rlharrison60 View Post
    When I put V-Force reeds in my 1050, The stuffers wouldnt fit, because of the way the reed block is made. Does it need stuffers, and if so if there a different set for it I can get?
    You can buy the v-force 3's used for the 600 H.O. snowmobile. They will fit fine to just a tad snug...just push them in with a little force if need be. You can order them from their website.

  5. #5
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5
    Update: Finally heard from Hot Seat, they never made adapters for the Keihin carbs to work with their intakes. I should send them a reply asking why...with so many Polaris watercraft using the Keihin carbs. I think they would of sold more parts overall if they had. I think it would be a rather simple plate part for someone to make...hint hint!..anyone? CrazyA?

  6. #6
    rlharrison60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Orange, Texas
    Posts
    1,091
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    You can buy the v-force 3's used for the 600 H.O. snowmobile. They will fit fine to just a tad snug...just push them in with a little force if need be. You can order them from their website.
    Did they make stuffers for a 1050, for v-force reeds? jetski that is?

  7. #7
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by rlharrison60 View Post
    Did they make stuffers for a 1050, for v-force reeds? jetski that is?
    V Force uses a different cage design. No need for the stuffers.

  8. #8
    Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    5,777
    +1
    405

    stuffers

    the stuffers perform 2 things.1st they smooth out the transition from oval to to square??like port matching,2nd they fill in space that otherwise has to have vacuum created on it.personnally i think the v-force are overkill on a stock,unported motor,or small carbed motor as compared to stock,ie 38mm changed to 40mm,but if the intake tract is opened up(aftermarket manifolds)bigger carbs 44 and up the v-force are the way to go,as far as running keihins on an aftermarket intake??why,the stock intake ported to match a 43mm opening flows all the cfm it can move,only thing i don't like about the stock intake is the short inside radius closest to the motor,but on a bench this was easily corrected.

  9. #9
    AWA Member 32DegH2O's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Minneapolis, Mn.
    Posts
    2,008
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by rlharrison60 View Post
    Did they make stuffers for a 1050, for v-force reeds? jetski that is?
    If you order the ones (600 H.O. snowmobile) from Moto Tassinari, they come with a pre-formed stuffer in the reed cage. I'll post pic later today.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Simple carb adapter question
    By mi11ertyme26 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
  2. WTB: 44mm Carb Adapter
    By akjose in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 08:05 PM
  3. 97 GP1200 What's the best carb adapter and flame arrestors?
    By akjose in forum Yamaha Old School Skis
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-15-2009, 06:29 AM
  4. Carb Adapters for filters
    By YamahaPat in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-05-2009, 12:54 PM
  5. Riva carb adapters and filters
    By YamahaPat in forum Yamaha Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 09:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •