The trick to Cruise Control

I love the Cruise Control on my SHO but sometimes find it difficult to activate in a bit of choppy water. If anyone has any little tricks they can tell me I would appreciate it. So far I have tried activating it at a slower speed then pressing the button to go faster but it only allows you to go a few presses faster. I have also tried putting a couple of fingers under the throttle to keep it steady before activating but still find it difficult.

the best way i have found is to activate the cruise with your left hand as you hold the throttle with the right. i was pulling my wife on skis before i learned this trick and she wasn't to happy to go face first when i pulled the throttle all the way back thinking i had the cruise set

Just run at the speed you wish to be at and either hit the button with your extended right thumb or reach the left hand over to press the button holding the throttle steady until you get the beeps and the digital speedo is flashing, THEN hold the throttle open.

I don't use it in choppy or rough conditions though as I feel out of control and prefer to work the throttle.

+1
    Same here, use the left hand to set.
    I'm opposite to GOS, in choppy conditions I use the cruise to set an plough thru. I guess it depends on the size of the waves.
    Still, it's the best thing out.

+1
    +1 with what Gos said....choppy I like to work the throttle.

But, I also noticed that whatever speed you set it at you can only bump it up several taps past that setting.

Honestly, I don't use it that much...but it's nice to have when you are on big parts of the lake and just want to cruise and look at the scenery.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    +1 with what Gos said....choppy I like to work the throttle.

But, I also noticed that whatever speed you set it at you can only bump it up several taps past that setting.

Honestly, I don't use it that much...but it's nice to have when you are on big parts of the lake and just want to cruise and look at the scenery.
    In the book it says that you can bump it 5 times up or down from were it was set.

You might want to try it in rough water, I actually think it gives a better, smoother, more consistant ride.

Maybe my finger just jumps more than others, but trying to compensate, adjust, and predict the chop, does not work as smoothly for me as a solid speed.

This is mostly meant for 2 up riding when you want both parties to "enjoy" the ride.

Just my $.02

Thread Information