St.Lawrence Seaway Baandit pscribne's Avatar

F-15x vs f-12x fuel economy and other questions

Hi guys,
    How does the new Honda f-15x fuel economy compare to the f-12x. Does anyone have any mpg/gph figures for either craft at 35 mph or 50mph.(GPS figures please) It has been established from other tests that 35mph is typicaly the best speed for fuel economy on PWC. 50 mph however is a more typical cruising speed. Anything 55 and over usually consumes the most fuel on all pwc. I haven't found anything online for Honda regarding fuel economy. Isn't this why you guys bought Hondas?? For reliability and fuel economy?? You would think honda (or others) would advertise these specs. I'm looking for a long range touring pwc. How does the f-12x fare against the Yamaha vx110? Also if I do get a f-12x what year is the best? Was there any significant changes to the engine or hull over the years. I don't care about cosmetics. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by pscribne View Post
    Hi guys,
    How does the new Honda f-15x fuel economy compare to the f-12x. Does anyone have any mpg/gph figures for either craft at 35 mph or 50mph.(GPS figures please) It has been established from other tests that 35mph is typicaly the best speed for fuel economy on PWC. 50 mph however is a more typical cruising speed. Anything 55 and over usually consumes the most fuel on all pwc. I haven't found anything online for Honda regarding fuel economy. Isn't this why you guys bought Hondas?? For reliability and fuel economy?? You would think honda (or others) would advertise these specs. I'm looking for a long range touring pwc. How does the f-12x fare against the Yamaha vx110? Also if I do get a f-12x what year is the best? Was there any significant changes to the engine or hull over the years. I don't care about cosmetics. Thanks in advance.

No idea on exact numbers, I don't have time to calculate it down to that specific an answer, but I will say that both my R and F get much better gas mileage than anything I've seen or ridden with, 2 or 4 stroke.
    I bought mine because I wanted a turbo or a supercharger, have now, and have had many a Honda motorcycle...and because having some Sea-Doos forced me become a sea-doo mechanic and I hate them for it.
    Go Honda...love those ceramic washers Sea-Doo!

+1
    Running about 50mph on a R-12x or F-12x (turbo models) nets you about 6.7 gph which ain't bad! I don't know about the new 15-x but I'd assume it's not nearly as horrid on gas as the Ultra 250 or even a new RXP-X/T.....

I know my R-12x can cruise a VERY long time without need to add gas, I love it! If you can pick up a left over they are CHEAP!

I read in 2-3 foot chop, 100 miles on 18.5 gallons vs. 75 miles on 18.5 gallons for the SHO and 120 miles on 18.5 gallons on the FX HO in the same conditions.

I ran my F-15X & FX160 (with the RPM kit) in it over the weekend. We rode both skis about the same distance, although the Honda did a bit more in the bays, because everyone wanted to ride it.

I filled up Sunday morning & put 35lts in the Yammy & 31lts in the Honda.

Thread Information