Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need advice on a new Sea Doo, thanks

Hello all, I am looking to purchase my first Sea Doo for recreation purposes and would like a bit of advice. I was looking at a new Sea Doo 2008 GTX 155hp. During my search, I found that I could get a new Sea Doo 2008 RXT for ~ $900 more of the best price of the GTX. So, I have been leaning towards the RXT but I am worried that the supercharged engine will greatly decrease the life of this PWC. Should I get the GTX so it lasts longer? Your help is greatly appreciated. Sorry, I have very little knowledge about PWC's. Thank you

+1
    welcome to the forum

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Syd View Post
    Hello all, I am looking to purchase my first Sea Doo for recreation purposes and would like a bit of advice. I was looking at a new Sea Doo 2008 GTX 155hp. During my search, I found that I could get a new Sea Doo 2008 RXT for ~ $900 more of the best price of the GTX. So, I have been leaning towards the RXT but I am worried that the supercharged engine will greatly decrease the life of this PWC. Should I get the GTX so it lasts longer? Your help is greatly appreciated. Sorry, I have very little knowledge about PWC's. Thank you
    A well cared for and maintained stock RXT engine will last for hundreds of hours(there are some members over 200 on theirs).

+1
    I,m pretty sure all 08 Models have the new improved washers? Maybe a tech can verify this for you!!

+1
    Send Xylene a PM. He traded his 07 wake for a 2007 RXP.

If you get the chance to test ride them (especially side-by-side) do it. I know that is hard to find, but maybe there are some members in your area willing to offer a ride.

My advise...Get the RXT. When a novice rider wants to ride, give them the learning key until you feel comfortable.

+1
    Welcome the Green Hulk forums!
    RXT is a great ski, one of the all-around best combos of performance and stability. Sure, the supercharger may create a few more problems, but the performance boost is well worth it. The first time you nail the throttle you will be convinced of that...

Just get the extended warranty and keep it stock or close to stock. In our experience, any mechanical problems will be covered under the B.E.S.T warranty and you will be back on the water passing other skis...

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    I,m pretty sure all 08 Models have the new improved washers? Maybe a tech can verify this for you!!
    The clutch washers aren't the only Achilles heel on the motors, water ingestion is another issue that can cause big problems if handled improperly(of course this is true of the non SC skis too)

Over 400 hours on mine- stock- original washers-supercharger

Quote Originally Posted by wolfmad View Post
    Over 400 hours on mine- stock- original washers-supercharger
    I hope you have some extended warranty left... Ron

08 metal washers

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    The 08 models do have upgraded metal washers that supposedly should be OK, although many recommend replacement when modifying. I went ahead and replaced during S3 charger upgrade, the Riva washers do seem to be a better grade of material.

As for the 155 -vs- 215 (as it is not really GTX -vs- RXT, the GTX comes with 215 HP as well), you are getting 60 more horses for 15 dollars per HP, that is a bargain. Buy the HP now as you will most likely want the extra push later and it you will be spending more like 50 to 60 for every additional HP. With the warrantee and proper care you can get a few hundred hours and years of enjoyment!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information