Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Riva rpm kit for SHO

Just wondering how any of you feel about the rpm kit. Is it worth it..changes in top end? acceleration? I only have 20 hrs. on my sho and am new at this but I can never leave things alone for long. Thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleaves View Post
    Just wondering how any of you feel about the rpm kit. Is it worth it..changes in top end? acceleration? I only have 20 hrs. on my sho and am new at this but I can never leave things alone for long. Thanks.
    It won't make a huge difference on the top end, but after I installed the power filter it gave the ski a lighter feel because of the improved throttle response and better low and mid end punch. The Riva ride plates aren't available yet, but are rumored to come out this month. Also, the grate makes a noticeable improvement in hook up, but you might want to consider doing the pump seal kit at the same time so you don't have to scrape off the silicone sealant if you decide to do it later. I use their sponsons on my GPR with good results but haven't tried them out on the SHO. Other guys have used them and given positive feedback. Same with FF exhaust.

Hint: if you use the search button you can find installation pics and tips along with reviews and results from most of the aftermarket SHO parts from both Riva and R&D.

Ramming speed Mr Zulu! TeamYamSHO's Avatar
    I have the Power Filter kit, the Intake Manifold kit and the free flow exhaust. Im getting the ride plate(when it comes out) and the intake grate this month. The three mods i did to the ski made it feel/sound nicer and i gained about 2+ mph on top. The acceleration and low/mid range improved quite nicely and the Free Flow exhaust makes the ski sound wicked. Not to loud, and not quiet at all. But yet still kinda loud.

I would recommend this kit.
    Last edited by TeamYamSHO; 10-03-2008 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    It won't make a huge difference on the top end, but after I installed the power filter it gave the ski a lighter feel because of the improved throttle response and better low and mid end punch. The Riva ride plates aren't available yet, but are rumored to come out this month. Also, the grate makes a noticeable improvement in hook up, but you might want to consider doing the pump seal kit at the same time so you don't have to scrape off the silicone sealant if you decide to do it later. I use their sponsons on my GPR with good results but haven't tried them out on the SHO. Other guys have used them and given positive feedback. Same with FF exhaust.

Hint: if you use the search button you can find installation pics and tips along with reviews and results from most of the aftermarket SHO parts from both Riva and R&D.
    agree 100% installing the cfm kit and monster wheel will not give you any more top end but will dramatically improve your hole shot and bottom mid range

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by squid52 View Post
    agree 100% installing the cfm kit and monster wheel will not give you any more top end but will dramatically improve your hole shot and bottom mid range
    Actually those parts put you more in Stage 1 territory, and combined with a taller prop and the Riva RPM kit/R&D performer kit will probably put you near 72/73. That's a pretty healthy increase in top speed. The mods in my sig have given me a 1.4 mph gain over stock, and an unmodified plate will prob add another 1 mph. So far the best single bolt on part for increasing top speed has been Jim's modded R&D plate.

+1
    Try the [email protected] plate with Jims mod.

Gain 3 plus miles per hour, get better fuel economy for having less ski in the water and you still have a quit ski that will be on the ride plate when you hit the throttle for faster time to speed.

+1
    Just noticed that Riva added the manifold upgrade and pump seal kit to the parts list for the RPM kit. So to answer sleaves' original question, yes IMO it's worthwhile. All those parts can be run without hitting the rev limiter and needing to repitch your impeller. I personally will be using the cfm kit instead of the Riva manifold upgrade, but will also bend my prop to 12/22 to keeo me off the limiter.

go the 13/22 man it will eliminate any cav and get the nose cone while your at it and you will be stoked

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Just noticed that Riva added the manifold upgrade and pump seal kit to the parts list for the RPM kit. So to answer sleaves' original question, yes IMO it's worthwhile. All those parts can be run without hitting the rev limiter and needing to repitch your impeller. I personally will be using the cfm kit instead of the Riva manifold upgrade, but will also bend my prop to 12/22 to keeo me off the limiter.

With labor and obvious parts, how much should I pay for this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleaves View Post
    With labor and obvious parts, how much should I pay for this?
    Everything in the kit comes with easy to follow instructions and are simple bolt-on parts if you want to do it yourself. The only labor intensive part is the manifold upgrade and might take an hour or so to install. This is just a guess, but I bet installation from a dealer would run $3-400.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information