Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Endurance Racing

Iam curious to how endurance races occur and how u run them. Iam interrested in the 300 mile race in lake havasu city on feb. 29,2009. I have a stock 250x minus the pump wedge kit. I would like to run that in it. I train off and on, work out often, and have done 4 5k's and one half marathon. What kinda training and conditioning does these endurances require. What is the average entry cost or fees, maybe it would require a sponsor?

go to www.pwcoffshore.com and read the endurance racing page.. then the rest.

The entry form is on the Mark Hahn Race Page...

You sound like you're in good shape, and so is your ski - you can do it

+1
    If you live at havasu you already have an advantage. When the water is rough, go ride your butt off. Work your stamina up & learn how your boat handles in the rough so you react without thinking. When you can stay on your boat in tough conditions till you are out of fuel then will will probably be in good enough condition to be competitive in the mark Hahn unless the conditions are smooth. Then all bets are off. Its a drag race then.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    If you live at havasu you already have an advantage. When the water is rough, go ride your butt off. Work your stamina up & learn how your boat handles in the rough so you react without thinking. When you can stay on your boat in tough conditions till you are out of fuel then will will probably be in good enough condition to be competitive in the mark Hahn unless the conditions are smooth. Then all bets are off. Its a drag race then.
    Yes Ive been riding in more chop lately because of the decent amount of traffic on the weekends which will die down thru this month and plus the fact its windy here quite often. The 250x reacts good in chop IMO and i plan to practice on the most choppiest days and semi-chop days. The cool thing with an endurance iam stoked if i complete it, not like a race where id wanna be top. In Feb. its kinda windy alot in havasu. What should the other skis look like around 70-75mph? , ofcoarse if tis flat, but i kinda hope its choppy just for the challenge. But yea becoming one with my ski sounds like what i should train plus stanima training, which iam trained for but can always improve.Too bad iam sick today its overcast/sprinkling and windy . I hope I get better but i feel like i got the flu. Just worried i might not get better before WF's. Iam also gonna learn the coarse becuase i know this area and how the differants areas act as far chop and how ski or boat traffic affects it. I moved here a year 1/2 ago but have been coming since i was 1 so I know it like the back of my hand.

Banned User
    +1
    Don't forget to plan on having about 300 gallons of gas too.......The Mark Hahn can get expensive.

I went through 110 gallons of fuel on the ULTRA250X last year...

Banned User
    +1
    That's actually pretty good mileage. I would have figured on one mile per gallon......

yea I was thinking of funding as much as possible and getting sponsors for the rest. Some sort of advertisement for a company. Iam curious about the fact you have to be a member of the apba so iam looking into that. Also looking too a few friends for teammates which hard because they'll need to commit and not flake on me.

Banned User
    +1
    You might also want to compete in some of the smaller endurance races with the APBA first. That way you know the rules, and how they run things, and it give you a good idea of what endurance racing is all about.

It's not like running your boat WOT from the island to Bill Williams and back a few times.....its much worse. I watched most of the Bill Hahn last year....and the course was kinda small, but they did lap after lap...they also had a bass fishing tournament that weekend, which didn't help things.

Another thing to think about is racing closed course in the stock class. Its great fun, and great excersize. I know I never see you over on the buoys at Crazy Beach. You need to start practicing....

Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    You might also want to compete in some of the smaller endurance races with the APBA first. That way you know the rules, and how they run things, and it give you a good idea of what endurance racing is all about.

It's not like running your boat WOT from the island to Bill Williams and back a few times.....its much worse. I watched most of the Bill Hahn last year....and the course was kinda small, but they did lap after lap...they also had a bass fishing tournament that weekend, which didn't help things.

Another thing to think about is racing closed course in the stock class. Its great fun, and great excersize. I know I never see you over on the buoys at Crazy Beach. You need to start practicing....
    You make good points so maybe this isnt the rite way of going about this. Doing this race for my first race. Maybe start at bottom and work my way up. I wanted to start in competition, but maybe this is just a huge first step. I thought becuase this was in town and a decent time away(IMO) i could enter in it. Iam gonna plan my financial situation this month for some sort of racing within like 3 months and start practicing this week(if the pracite bouys will be there) after i feel well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information