Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Help with mods WTF!!!!!

Got the ski on the water today after having comp, 3 degree, VF3's, Impros 14/22DF, FF, comp is 150, 150, 145, EFI settings 5526 and tried 5516. I know, i know I'm running the shred and extended tabs but my issue is before all the mods 65.8 consistent. Today best I could manage was 65 flat!!!????? If it was 65.8 with a stock motor I fail to see how I have gone back almost a mile. Any ideas guys, can't tell you RPM's just yet but was talking to Adam, ported and his WOT setting is on 6? Only thing I can think of is EFI settings.... I'm at a loss

+1
    you might have been real lean and motor was mean pre e.f.i but i cant see how you have got a load more mods and lost speed

the only person laughing is izzo and to be honest the thought of you in that dress has brightened up a dull morning at work

need rpm's before anyone can put there finger on your problem

Paul thanks for the POSITIVE help, I'll need to get a tach asap but budgets a bit blown after everything else Izz migh tbe the last one laughing as once both ski's were tuned and running right we race. Yeah I'm at a loss as to what's goin on. Just to clarify on the EFI control the number 1 setting is where the first little circle is not where 123 is written on the bottom of each pot???

You have to help me or izz0 will bury me an d i will end up prancing around in this dress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steves.frock.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	97502  

+1
    the numbers are o'clock positions with the controler in hand and lights to the left...i'm pretty sure but at work so cant double check...

who did the mods ????

why a 14/22 how did you get to pitch of 22 without a tach....i would guess your well over proped, a tach is needed

Moderated
    Steve

i am pretty sure i know whats wrong with your ski but the only way i will fix it for you is if you turn up to my place in a dress and ask me for help

seriously i will feel bad now if i race you as i got 10mph on top of your max, it just wont be fair and making up 10mph may sound like a small number but its no easy feat my friend

remember that advice about the dangers of a bolt on attitude that i spoke to you about , well this is the end result.

Luckily for you I think i have a spare tach here somewhere, i will have a look tomorrow and let you know, once we get some tach data off it we can start trouble shooting the problem, we only have 7 days to get your ski going right so we can race, stop stalling for time tutu boy

+1
    hey iz dont kick him to hard when he's down

do you know who did mods and why he/they let the boat out with a 22 rather than a water test and tach to ensure he was away from the deto 7k mark

just thinking out loud and trying to help but by no means does it means i have a izzo in a dress fetish

African-American
    +1
    check your intake grate and pumpshoe.. i lost 10mph there, as it was hanging too low

Steve, the last thing I need right now is non constructive feedback, thought that would belong over on the other forums. It's really not helping. There was no laughter from me when you forgot to put grate on or damaged your ski to the tune of a few grand........ thanks Paul, I'm borrowing Adams tach and will get back out on Mon for some readings. The prop was recommended by Dave (IMP) after I told him the mods planned, it's a 14/24 repitched to 22. The guy who put it all together is pretty spot on so don't think anything there. Don't know what you mean Steve about 'bolt on attitude' the only thing I've done different to almost everyone on here including yourself is not go with Jims plate and stuck with the shred. Even if I got a Jims modded plate on right angle and all and picked up 7mph I would still only be goin just over 70. It's somethin else...........

Bro you've gotta stop messing with my posts too It's gettin old

+1
    steve...

what pitch prop were you spinning before mods and have you any ideas of rough rpm's

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information