Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marsh Trails...

Marsh Trails...

http://mustangous.com/marsh_routes/marsh_routes.html

I have been putting together a trail list of all the marshes everyone runs. I am trying to document them and mark them for tide sensitive or or not. This would be good for others who want to run the marshes but are worried to get stuck by yourself (ME!).

Also Termite asked where a ramp would be to get to these marshes, so that gave me the idea to add them too. Whats cool about this is someone could pick a ramp and use the map feature to get directions too if needed. I added Crowley's landing and noted that the ramp is free after Labor Day. Could some one verify the banegat one off of bay ave is free after labor day too?

So i am going to need everyones help with this to get accurate information. If I have something wrong please tell me. I would not want to get someone stuck in the mud, not a good feeling.

I have a trail in green down by the mullica, I dont know if its safe, or not, maybe someone can let me know. Also i dont know is any of the ones i have in blue are tide sensitive or not...

If anyone has anyother idea let me know. I would like this to benifit all of us. I can add the ramp at the barnegat light, just dont know where it is... Seems like that is a popular question too.

there is also a free one out by tuckerton/ little egg harbor and it has nice sandy beach to park on.

Its off of 9 if your coming from the south you can turn left onto any of these 3 streets

Dock st.
    fern st.
    brook st.

just follow to the end

its actually where i took the picture in my avatar

nice

You should label by associated names.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustangous View Post

I have been putting together a trail list of all the marshes everyone runs. I am trying to document them and mark them for tide sensitive or or not. This would be good for others who want to run the marshes but are worried to get stuck by yourself (ME!).

Also Termite asked where a ramp would be to get to these marshes, so that gave me the idea to add them too. Whats cool about this is someone could pick a ramp and use the map feature to get directions too if needed. I added Crowley's landing and noted that the ramp is free after Labor Day. Could some one verify the banegat one off of bay ave is free after labor day too?

So i am going to need everyones help with this to get accurate information. If I have something wrong please tell me. I would not want to get someone stuck in the mud, not a good feeling.

I have a trail in green down by the mullica, I dont know if its safe, or not, maybe someone can let me know. Also i dont know is any of the ones i have in blue are tide sensitive or not...

If anyone has anyother idea let me know. I would like this to benifit all of us. I can add the ramp at the barnegat light, just dont know where it is... Seems like that is a popular question too.

This is great... especially as the water gets colder marsh riding is fantastic for winter riding..
    Doug

nice! just for some more information, here is a list of some of the ramps in jersey. found this website a few years ago. doesnt have all of them, but there are a decent amount with phone numbers, etc. if anyone likes forked river, townsend marina was pretty good and only $10!

http://www.thefishingline.com/njramp.htm

Barnegat Light Ramp Address:
    10 West 10th Street
    Barnegat Light, NJ 08006

And it is free after Labor day

check this one out

i'll be adding to it and it will be used on the njpwc.com site

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid= 101514422869993467956.0004588c4a5e314495d46

Quote Originally Posted by jefferz View Post
    check this one out

i'll be adding to it and it will be used on the njpwc.com site

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid= 101514422869993467956.0004588c4a5e314495d46
    ok, well it doesn't really make sence for both of us to do the EXACT same thing. Its time consuming and requires some leg work. So if you want to run with it, be my guest. Just let me know so i dont waste my time....

Theres a website for ramps.
    Look over a chart or aerial view of marsh systems. Then just check water. Some low tides are higher than some high tides and vice versa.
    Also if you need a ramp in a certain area or info on a swamp system just ask around.

you made yours on a another platform that uses google maps

i just went and used google maps. and i couldnt get your information into that mapping so i just recreated it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information