Thread: 95 sl750 help

95 sl750 help

New here found alot of good info. I picked up a 95 sl750 from a friend with a hole in a piston I replaced the piston bought the triple output pump with new hoses and followed diagram off here i cleaned carbs, removed and cleaned tank,checked fuel switch and cleaned out seperator. My problem is im not gettin fuel to the switch seperator/carb. can anyone help greatly appreciated.

Jared of Oklahoma

fuel problem

Quote Originally Posted by watti2d View Post
    New here found alot of good info. I picked up a 95 sl750 from a friend with a hole in a piston I replaced the piston bought the triple output pump with new hoses and followed diagram off here i cleaned carbs, removed and cleaned tank,checked fuel switch and cleaned out seperator.

" My problem is im not gettin fuel to the switch seperator/carb. can anyone help greatly appreciated.
    "- do you mean here that you are not getting fuel from the selector to the sep and then to the carb??

Am I correct to assume you replaced all the hoses in the tank?? also when you checked the selector did you lube it up?? also did you check the filters inside the carbs??? when you cleaned the carbs did you check the little rubber diaphrams behind the metal plates on each carb?

one other thing-Im sure you got it right but just in case recheck the diagrams and make sure all your lines are routed correctly. I thought I had mine right and I somehow had screwed it up. So when I went back and rechecked the diagram sure enough I had it wrong. That and replacing the lines in the tank fixed most of my fuel issues.

Sorry to ask so many questions but these are all things I was told to check by some of the gurus on here when I was having a similar prob with my SLT750

good luck man and welcome to what is my opinion the best jetski forum in the World with the best most helpful Polaris guys. Which Im sure you will hear from soon enough. Let me know if I can ever help you out in any way. I have lots of Polaris parts and access to plenty more from a friend of mine who own a sweet jetski junkyard.

Jared Jones of Oklahoma
    Last edited by jarcynvicnchris93; 10-04-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    New here found alot of good info. I picked up a 95 sl750 from a friend with a hole in a piston I replaced the piston bought the triple output pump with new hoses and followed diagram off here i cleaned carbs, removed and cleaned tank,checked fuel switch and cleaned out seperator. My problem is im not gettin fuel to the switch seperator/carb. can anyone help greatly appreciated.
    If you have the pulse line connected to the right port on the pump, it would seem that your pump is sucking air. Make sure all the clamps are tight. Check the gasket on water separator to see that it's not cracked or broken. If all is found to be ok, then bypass the fuel switch, and try again. The pump should pull fuel from the tank easily.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Watt.

Sounds like you did everything suspect. Double check your hoses. Blow through them to make sure there's no obstructions. Look at the fuel pump for arrows. Those help identify which hoses should be attached.

Try priming the carbs with a little premix to help start the engine and get fuel flowing faster, rather than crank, crank, crank, etc....

sl750

ok checked and check found out selector for fuel is plugged. started it with premix in carbs. So another question should i do away with the selector like ive read in other posts if so how is that done. And another one question is there a way to prime the oil? thanks for the help greatly appreciated .

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    i wouldn't recommend bypassing the fuel cock permanently. The pressure that builds in the tank can flood your engine. I've read that others have used seadoo valves to replace polaris valves. The selector switch will not line up w/ the index that polaris used. You just need to mark an index for off/ reserve, and main w/ the seadoo valve.
    Most will run a premix of oil/gas till they are sure the oil pump and lines are purged of air. 50:1 will be ok till then, just run it low on rpms till you are sure its primed.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...should i do away with the selector like I've read in other posts if so how is that done...
    The fuel selector is the only method for stopping fuel flow if you need to. Repair or replace it.

One SL owner had the engine totally flooded with liquid fuel when the fuel tank vent stuck shut, and air pressure forced the gasoline through the carbs while the machine was parked.

Another had the engine glow plugging, and running away without spark.

Operating without the fuel selector can be trouble.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    The petcock can be disassembled and cleaned, I'd advise that or get the Sea Poo valve.

No real way to prime the oil per say, so I'd do like Star said and run premix for the first 1/2 tank of gas until you know you're good. It'll smoke alot, but you'll be safe.

sl750

cleaned out valve is running now just need to get to the lake. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information