Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1

Interesting Idea, ZX throttle bodies on a 12-F?

There is a guy on ebay selling a set of throttle bodies from a 2002 zx12 ninja and i was wondering if could swap them onto my stx 12 f? the part numbers for the cylinder heads are the same but i just don't know if it will bolt up to the cyllnder or if there is a ninja intake manifold? also i need ideas on how to make an intake tube for these because i DONT want to just run little k&n filters on there because even though the ski is only 4 years old, the way i ride i still get a little drippage from around the seat.

Sean

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I dont know about the bolting up of them, but after you get them installed you could make a barrier sheild to go over them........

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    There is a guy on ebay selling a set of throttle bodies from a 2002 zx12 ninja and i was wondering if could swap them onto my stx 12 f? the part numbers for the cylinder heads are the same but i just don't know if it will bolt up to the cyllnder or if there is a ninja intake manifold? also i need ideas on how to make an intake tube for these because i DONT want to just run little k&n filters on there because even though the ski is only 4 years old, the way i ride i still get a little drippage from around the seat.
    Not gonna be a simple bolt-on swap.
    > 12F has a single inlet TB.
    > ZX12 has a 4-separate inlet TB
    What benefit do you think you would get from this anyway? No extra power w/o extra fuel - air alone is not going to make any extra power.

You can adjust the seat latch part on the deck part of the ski (make it lower) and make the seat latches tighter if your seat is leaking in water.

+1
    i was planning on tuning for them with an increase in fuel pressure through the fuel line to the injectors via a fuel pressure regulator. i was just looking at the horsepower numbers and how much different they are between the ski and the bike, (i understand that the jet ski has a wet exhaust and different cams and prpbably different tuning but i figured this could help being that this is one of the few differences)and being that the two motors are basically the same, only a few different part numbers cams and and crank being different i figured that i could unbolt the intake from the stx and bolt up the 4 throttle bodies to the head of the stx, im just not sure that A) it would bolt up B) that i would be able to tune for it and C) as for the dripping i made a small barrier/heatshield for the existing cone filter i have on there right now out of aluminum treadplate and it looks sweet and i will probably do the same if i can get the throttle bodies. so i guess really what im asking is if yall think it would be worth while and if you think it would make any difference at all, there arent any bids on the TBs yet so the price is about 87 shipped.

Sean

If it will match up and you get fuel delivery correct, you may have something... to err is human; to know is devine...lol

+1
    that's the truth but i think they already sold and i couldn't get the guy selling them to work with me on it. so for now this thread will become a research thread until i can find another or disprove this idea.

Sean

+1
    you can buy these we started making them 4 years ago , but went with a turbo instead .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2562.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	752.3 KB 
ID:	98425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2561.JPG 
Views:	53 
Size:	719.2 KB 
ID:	98426   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2560.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	789.4 KB 
ID:	98427  

Quote Originally Posted by R rated View Post
    you can buy these we started making them 4 years ago , but went with a turbo instead .
    SKEEEEEWURT! Looks like you might get your knees skint up running them bad boys. LOL Sharp set-up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R rated View Post
    rudy do u have any of those for available ??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by inchadeboca View Post
    rudy do u have any of those for available ??
    the throtal body kit ? zx12 throtal bodys with adaptor plate and rubber adapters as you see in the pic is for sale .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information