Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXT Wake Boarding

Got a wakeboard as a gift a few weeks ago, nothing fancy since I had never done it before… Went out to try/learn this weekend and it was a blast, was able to get up and stay up in the first hour. Anyway, I was looking at getting the wakeboard rack that comes for the RXT and the dealer of course wants full MSRP + installation (dealer said special tools needed)... Anyone have any experience with the wakeboard rack installation? Where is a good place to buy it? How much? Any info will be appreciated!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lmiranda View Post
    Got a wakeboard as a gift a few weeks ago, nothing fancy since I had never done it before… Went out to try/learn this weekend and it was a blast, was able to get up and stay up in the first hour. Anyway, I was looking at getting the wakeboard rack that comes for the RXT and the dealer of course wants full MSRP + installation (dealer said special tools needed)... Anyone have any experience with the wakeboard rack installation? Where is a good place to buy it? How much? Any info will be appreciated!
    Special tools?
    I smell a rat. The pylon sure, the ballast system ok, but the wakeboard rack needing special tools? I think you have what we call a stealer on your hands

If you look at it, there are 2 mounts that get mounted to the inside of the footwell and the rack saddles the footwell. All it would take is a drill and screwdriver to secure the 2 mounts.

unless you plan on taking more than one board out at a time, $170 is alot for what it is. I find it easiest to just either put it bindings down on the seat and it will fit snug and not go anywhere, or just put it on your lap and hold it. Alot easier than spending 170 dollars. If you have any more questions shoot me a pm

david

I have one on my RXP, its worth the money if you board any at all, IMO.

All you have to do is drill holes(x3 for each mounting tab).

Jay

I installed them on my 07 RXT. To me they are totally worth it. You need a right angle drill to drill the holes. I bought a right angle adapter at Lowes to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieMWD View Post
    I installed them on my 07 RXT. To me they are totally worth it. You need a right angle drill to drill the holes. I bought a right angle adapter at Lowes to do it.
    AHH!!!! Right Angle Drill adapter... That is the "special tool"... wonder how many of those I can get for what they would charge me for 1hr of labor...

Where did you get the racks from? They look cool in the RXT from your signature... Any good place to buy those at a decent discount under MSRP?

The right-angle adapter was less than 20 bucks. I bought the board racks on ebay from this seller...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Sea-D...mZ260240465326

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by lmiranda View Post
    AHH!!!! Right Angle Drill adapter... That is the "special tool"... wonder how many of those I can get for what they would charge me for 1hr of labor...

Where did you get the racks from? They look cool in the RXT from your signature... Any good place to buy those at a decent discount under MSRP?

Right-angled drill but. . . that would have made it a bit easier, but got it done with the standard power drill on mine:

Jay

Does the OEM cover still fit or does the rack need to come off to cover the ski?... Ron

Remove the rack, only take seconds, literally SECONDS. . . on only parts that are "permanent" are the mounting tabs inside the foot wells.

Jay

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information