Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fuel consumption

what would be the fuel consumption for the 2009 yamaha H.O. ,1800cc normally aspirated engine, with cruise assist

Banned User
    +1
    Fuel consumption hasn't been tested yet. The SHO has a fuel consumption at 5000 rpm of 6.3gph, and WOT 18.5gph.

+1
    According to the fuel consumption meter on mine:
    1.7gph @ 5mph(no wake mode, 2000rpm)
    8.5gph @ 40mph
    21.2gph @ WOT

My guess is that since the SHO is so conservatively boosted, the HO will only get 10% or so better mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by perryy View Post
    what would be the fuel consumption for the 2009 yamaha H.O. ,1800cc normally aspirated engine, with cruise assist
    perry, 13.2gal per hour at WOT(63.1mph). A huge difference compared to SHO.

source from Socal Watercraft club and confirmed by a pwctoday member who works for Yamaha as Strategic Business Planning Manager for Watercraft Group..

+1
    Just to give you guys an idea of range, I did 100 miles on my show on one tank of gas with only a few WOT passes. Most of the time I was just cruising at 35-40. Seems to get the absolute best fuel mileage at those speeds. Gotta love the cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    Just to give you guys an idea of range, I did 100 miles on my show on one tank of gas with only a few WOT passes. Most of the time I was just cruising at 35-40. Seems to get the absolute best fuel mileage at those speeds. Gotta love the cruise control.

I here ya, I took mine out cruised about the same speed used the assist a lot and was out for a while before I lost any bars. The previous week was out for about an hour and a half at high speeds and used almost a whole tank.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sleaves View Post
    I here ya, I took mine out cruised about the same speed used the assist a lot and was out for a while before I lost any bars. The previous week was out for about an hour and a half at high speeds and used almost a whole tank.
    I think the op was asking about the n/a 1800cc 2009 H.O. and not the SHO

+1
    How much fuel was left in the tank? I haven't tested it yet, but I'm curious to know how low you can run the 18.5 gal tank before sucking air. My best so far has been 75 miles with just over 3 gal left in the tank. That was riding 2 up and prob 50% in ocean chop where I couldn't use the cruise.

I stand corrected on my earlier guess on the HO's burn rate. Seems to be a huge difference from the SHO @ WOT, but @ cruising speeds they look pretty close. After finally talking myself out of a SC upgrade, this data makes me think that it can be done without killing my cruising range. Time for another MA(modders anonymous) meeting.

http://www.boattest.com/boats/1897/test_results.aspx

mjh3ides how does your fuel consumption compare from your sho to your 2 stoke gp1300r just bought a sho blue but have only done 1.5 hrs on it hope it has better fuel consumption than my ported gp1200. found that a lot of guys are comparing sho to a fx ho which is going to chew heaps more fuel due to the more cc but has anybody compared the sho against the old 2 smokers.

+1
    From what I have seen since I've had my SHO (13+ hours) -- if you ride this ski hard, it's going to burn fuel. Same with the big Poo's and Kiwi's that I have been riding with.

With that said, if I ride my SHO at 30-40, it gets really good fuel consumption for the size of engine we are running.

It's all in how you ride.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information