Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Water TEMP

+1

Water TEMP

I was going back over my thread and just rereading to see where it started and were it is now.
    I was surprised at how i was running some pretty good speeds with Stage 2 and S3 wheel.
    I know without a doubt that air temp has alot to do with our speed as how it affects our RAD.
    But some of my test back in spring were in some 70 degree temps with some pretty good numbers now that i look back.

The only difference between a 70 degree day this time of year and a 70 degree day in early spring is the water temp.
    In spring is 50 to 55 degrees and now is still arround 80 degrees.

So my quesiton is, how much does water temp affect our skis in performance. According to my findings it does quite a bit but wanted you guys input.

For instance i was running 77+ with no problem last spring with S3. and now i have to work to run 78 to 79 with RUDE and a much tuned ski. So once my water cools back down will i see better numbers.

water temp

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I was going back over my thread and just rereading to see where it started and were it is now.
    I was surprised at how i was running some pretty good speeds with Stage 2 and S3 wheel.
    I know without a doubt that air temp has alot to do with our speed as how it affects our RAD.
    But some of my test back in spring were in some 70 degree temps with some pretty good numbers now that i look back.

The only difference between a 70 degree day this time of year and a 70 degree day in early spring is the water temp.
    In spring is 50 to 55 degrees and now is still arround 80 degrees.

So my quesiton is, how much does water temp affect our skis in performance. According to my findings it does quite a bit but wanted you guys input.

For instance i was running 77+ with no problem last spring with S3. and now i have to work to run 78 to 79 with RUDE and a much tuned ski. So once my water cools back down will i see better numbers.

the water temp imo is very critical to the performance of our ski's

no matter how hot the air is coming in to the s/c it can only be cooled as much as the i/c will allow. so the cooler the water running through the i/c the better the ski's will run.

i wish i had a way to measure air intake temp. this could tell u lots when judging how good your ski is running.

In south florida, our skis run 2-3 mph faster in the winter... Water temps are around 70 in winter and 85-90 in summer..

Banned User
    +1
    You should see how our skis run next month, when the water is in the lower 40's...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    the water temp imo is very critical to the performance of our ski's

no matter how hot the air is coming in to the s/c it can only be cooled as much as the i/c will allow. so the cooler the water running through the i/c the better the ski's will run.

i wish i had a way to measure air intake temp. this could tell u lots when judging how good your ski is running.
    if your running in hi temps, your intercooler is not going to work, if i was you, i'd have 2 pump washers, one with a slightly bigger hole, see how that goes

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Water temp is more important then air temp on IC pwc's.

RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1
    I have noticed upto 150 rpm or more difference between running in the same air temps but having much colder water running through the IC/Exhaust system. I test in salt water at sea level and can see 8300 rpm and then can go to cold mountain fed river fresh water and run 8450 rpm's. Makes it a bit tricky when your trying to get close to the ECU's rev limit.

+1
    Thanks for the replys.

It just got me thinking alot after running in some cooler conditions this past weekend and the water temp has not changed much. It did not effect boost much.
    Back in spring or late winter (Jan - Feb) my ski with S3 was running pretty good (those condions is probably why i saw 10.7 with S3 on stock ecu), then i put the RUDE on and it got warmer, so its just got me wondering.
    According to my post the first time out with RUDE in 70 degrees but 50 degree water I was seeing as high as 12.4 psi.
    The last few times out with 70s air and 80+ water I havnt touched 12 psi boost and SC was just shimmed by Jerry.

NCHeel, I think you may be correct in how much the water temp affects our IC skis.

Cant wait for the water to cool down but not as cool as DANNY,s
    I cant imagine coming off in 40 degree

And PBJ, it must be tough to have to get wet with 70 degrees in winter and not to mention crystal clear water.

+1
    I easily see 2-3 mph difference between 64 degree water and 85 degree water... that and 300+ rpms.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Cant wait for the water to cool down but not as cool as DANNY,s

Did you see our Gobble Gobble run from last year, the saturday after Thanksgiving. We were breaking ice inthe parking lot...

http://stefario.smugmug.com/gallery/...25206129_SQCop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information