+1

Engine fogging and Winterizing

Hi Everyone, I would appreciate any help you can offer, I have done my best to search the forumn and have purchased a shop manual but I need some issuses straightened out.

1) If I am replacing my sparkplugs, can I not just spray the fogging oil down the cylinders at this point? ( I believe the can says 10-15 seconds a cylinder ) or do I still need to remove the injectors?

2) My ski is stored in a heated garage do I really need to run antifreeze through the hose attatchment at the rear of the ski?

Thanks again!

+1
    question 1 - thats what I do, when I change the plugs I just fog cylinder from the spark plug hole.

question 2 - if it doesnt get below freezing then you should be fine. I didnt put any in mine last season and had it outside all winter and it didnt hurt it.

+1
    Thanks for the reassurance,

Danny

+1
    You are much better to fog the injectors as fogging the plug holes just wets the top of the pistons and doesn,t do much good inside the engine!!

+1
    Would it help to crank the engine over and not run it, when fogging through the sparkplug holes, or is it just better to go through the injector holes?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    You are much better to fog the injectors as fogging the plug holes just wets the top of the pistons and doesn,t do much good inside the engine!!
    how would do this benefit the rest of the engine? The injectors are located in the runners of the intake manifold. When you fog the engine all you are doing is coating the cylinder walls. When you fog through the injectors its just going to settle on the intake valve, because most of the valves are going to be closed... unless the engine is running.

All you want to do is coat the cylinder walls to prevent a complete dry start come next season.

Some with the '04 engines have said the valve stems rusted and the heads broke off... Ron

Just Spray it in both guys. I would spray in the injector port, coat the valves get the valves and seats coated with fog. If those rust it wont take much to hurt performance by a bad sealing valve. After spraying in both holes Crank it over with the plugs out to prevent hydro lock, for about 10 seconds. Throw the plugs back in bam done.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ReDevilRXP View Post
    Just Spray it in both guys. I would spray in the injector port, coat the valves get the valves and seats coated with fog. If those rust it wont take much to hurt performance by a bad sealing valve. After spraying in both holes Crank it over with the plugs out to prevent hydro lock, for about 10 seconds. Throw the plugs back in bam done.
    +1 Well stated Also... after starting up in the spring, warm up the engine on a flush hose then replace the plugs

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    +1 Well stated Also... after starting up in the spring, warm up the engine on a flush hose then replace the plugs
    good point, Diffidently Don't throw new plugs in first thing. I would even run all the old gas with stabil in it out before you throw new plugs in. New gas new plugs.

Thread Information