Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Riva intercooler on ebay... rxp-x intercooler ???'s

I was watching this auction (when it was around $300) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...AQ:MOTORS:1123 anyhow I tried to contact the seller to see if it was gen 1 or 2 riva. This is generation 1 isn't it? (Not the new one). I think I can see vortech on the side of it... Also I was reading a post a month or so ago, by Jerry, I believe he was testing either the generation 2 riva, or the stock rxp-x intercooler. Any thoughts on the stock rxp-x intercooler? I can get one for a fairly reasonable price right now..

+1
    That Is A Gen 1

x/s

Quote Originally Posted by spinyard View Post
    I was watching this auction (when it was around $300) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270281438519&ssPageNam e=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123 anyhow I tried to contact the seller to see if it was gen 1 or 2 riva. This is generation 1 isn't it? (Not the new one). I think I can see vortech on the side of it... Also I was reading a post a month or so ago, by Jerry, I believe he was testing either the generation 2 riva, or the stock rxp-x intercooler. Any thoughts on the stock rxp-x intercooler? I can get one for a fairly reasonable price right now..

just get an x/s put a bleed line in it and call it a day.
    do a search for x/s i/c mod and you will find the thread that explains how to do it.

buy the x/s from jerry in the online store.

I have read quite a bit about the xs, but I believe you will lose bottom end by putting this intercooler on, because the side tanks are so large... if you look at the riva/rotax/pirana/rxp-x intercoolers, they all come to a point, and have less "volume" then the xs... I know the xs flows the best, however I'm guessing that's only at 8000 rpm plus... I don't want to lose my bottom end, that's the fun part! Plus, I have seen the xs coolers go for really really cheap on certain websites... And I think as someone else said the factory that made the xs was going for quantity not quality.. but maybe I am just over analyzing things as usual

Banned User
    +1
    An FYI, the XS and Piranha have the same CORE...only difference is the Piranha is anodized, and the XS has larger endcaps, thus the flow difference...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    the XS has larger endcaps, thus the flow difference...
    This is exactly what I am talking about! The huge end caps...

XS has an IC the same size as the Riva Gen1 or Piranha. jtskier11 has it. PM him to see where he got it. I know it was only like $140.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    XS has an IC the same size as the Riva Gen1 or Piranha. jtskier11 has it. PM him to see where he got it. I know it was only like $140.

The Gen1 Riva has a completely different CORE internal layout. If I could get a Gen1 CORE with XS endcaps, then that would be a GREAT IC...

With a 1-year guarantee against leaking water-to-air would be even better... Ron

So what is the general opinion of the rxp-x stock intercooler? I think it looks preety damn cool, but looks can be deceiving!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information