Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

synthetic engine oil

Hey guys, now i know this has been covered several times, but just wanna clarify something.

My ski is currently running the BRP Mineral oil the dealer put in it. When it is due for a change I want to look at running a fully synthetic. Upon speaking to my dealer he spun some shit about only being able to run seadoo oil in it or i can do damage to the bottom end, which i wrote off as complete bullshit. It is much better to run a syntheic oil in these motors as that is what they were designed for, is this correct? I have read in previous posts, as long as the oil is JASO MA approved it is suitable to use. I found several motorbike oils such as Castrol GPS 10w-40 fully synthetic with JASO MA aprroval, which i am looking at using. I would really appreciate your input here Jerry.
    Thanks guys

+1
    I will value the opinions of forum members who have been working on these skis for years much more than my local dealer who probably sells one seadoo every 3 months..

synthectic oil no good for supercharger clutch, i just use the brp mineral oil. You only need 3 bottles of it to change the oil..

Quote Originally Posted by aussie rxp View Post
    synthectic oil no good for supercharger clutch, i just use the brp mineral oil. You only need 3 bottles of it to change the oil..

I USE 10w-40 on my Racing 4-tech jetski its safe but you have to change the oil sooner than the other type of engine Oil ...

the advantage of me using this oil its semi synthetic and I get easy lubricant for the Piston ... so i get more speed and acceleration

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Read all the prior posts on this subject. Several of us have been running various syn's for several years now in this motors. How can an oil hurt the bottom end of a motor? Someone answer that. The big deal is the wet clutch design that the super charger uses and it is the same situation as street bikes with their wet clutch transmissions. As long as it is JASO-MA certified you are good to go.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    synthectic oil no good for supercharger clutch
    Could you please back this statement up with facts or personal knowledge? Why is it no good? What does it do?

I use Castrol 10W-40 Non synthetic.
    I change about every 20 hours.

Ive heard also that synthetic causes the supercharger to slip.

+1
    I use amsoil synthetic marine oil with with no friction modifiers with no problems. used valvoline motorcycle oil with no problems. seadoo oil with no problems.
    its the friction modifiers that are added to the oil, whether it synthetic or mineral oil, that are the problem

Run BRP non-synthetic for the first 25 hours or so, to allow proper break-in, but after that, Mobil 1 4T synthetic: http://www.mobiloil.com/USA-English/...4T_10W-40.aspx

"Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W-40 engine oil is also designed to provide the proper frictional characteristics necessary for wet-clutch engine/transmission systems."

It's not cheaper, just better (than OEM).

+1

There are a bunch of people here that use AMSOIL. You can use the AMSOIL 10w-40 Synthetic Marine Oil it is safe for the supercharger clutch. http://www.amsoil.com/redirect.cgi?z...storefront/wcf Here is some information on on the BRP oils and AMSOIL regarding the supercharger clutch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information