Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

4" intake question

I'm in the process of making a 4" intake and I am wondering what everyone is doing with the fined electrical box that is screwed to the factory intake box? Does this need to be relocated as with the new intake it no longer has cold air cooling it from underneath. Thanks.

+1
    You can leave that "elec box" near its current position in the OEM air intake. Leave that section of the air intake in place and only remove the tube that runs along the engine. The Kanaflex will be run over that box.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by biged View Post
    I'm in the process of making a 4" intake and I am wondering what everyone is doing with the fined electrical box that is screwed to the factory intake box? Does this need to be relocated as with the new intake it no longer has cold air cooling it from underneath. Thanks.

hat would be your rectifier, and it needs to stay in a ventilated area. Riva includes a relocating mounting plate that mounts the unit next to the battery. But some people simply secure it down to the straps that hold the tank in, or use velco/double sided tape and stick it to the tank...

If you remove all the black tubing (I did this last night), the straps around the gas tank are not quite as tight. However, they seem to be tight enough.

I plan on using velcro to the tank for the rectifier per Danny's response to my post last week.

Do I need to do anything to the straps that are around the tank, but now not quite as tight?

Thanks!

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetbats View Post
    If you remove all the black tubing (I did this last night), the straps around the gas tank are not quite as tight. However, they seem to be tight enough.

I plan on using velcro to the tank for the rectifier per Danny's response to my post last week.

Do I need to do anything to the straps that are around the tank, but now not quite as tight?

Thanks!
    Yes you need to secure the tank. Either leave the section of intake in the ski or you can get a piece of PVC pipe to replace it. I think Pale Rider first did it way back in the day.

Yes, I'd definitely secure the gas tank. I used 4 inch pvc myself.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    Yes you need to secure the tank. Either leave the section of intake in the ski or you can get a piece of PVC pipe to replace it. I think Pale Rider first did it way back in the day.

+1
    i used a section of 4 " pvc to keep proper tension on the tank straps, and bolted the rectifier to the top. alot better than velcro!!!
    pvc was super easy to measure and cut to fit nice alongside the tank. and i used two self tapping screws to secure the rectifier to it.

+1

just a quick question what do you do with the pipe that connects on to the stock air box and runs around the outside to the back of the engine is this need to be joined when going to the 4 '' hosing

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information