It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

OffSHOre Ride Tomorrow

OffSHOre ridin tomorrow with my boy Chris and mj3hides, launching from 14th st in Pompano Beach at 9:30 a.m......if any1 wants to go ...meet us at the ramp......doont forget to bring 5 dollar bill for ramp fee/machine..... And bring a snorkel mask if u want to snorkel or drift snorkel.....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    OffSHOre ridin tomorrow with my boy Chris and mj3hides, launching from 14th st in Pompano Beach at 9:30 a.m......if any1 wants to go ...meet us at the ramp......doont forget to bring 5 dollar bill for ramp fee/machine..... And bring a snorkel mask if u want to snorkel or drift snorkel.....
    Tempting...

my ski won't be ready yet!!! Sucks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    my ski won't be ready yet!!! Sucks!!!
    damn it jessse.....stop swappin props and drives and superchargers and bring that biatch....even broken ur still gonna run faster than us.....

sall right brudda....next time

is the flux capacitor being installed for warp-drive capabilities at the Hydrodrags?

was a sunny windy day..........got to meet Freakboy and mjh3ides at the ramp.....My buddy Chris had a horrible day with his sea Doo.....some plastic piece for the reverse broke and he was taking on water......so he hauled his ski to PPG to get the part fixed and since they had to pull the pump apart....they were going to take the extra 10 min to throw his new prop on........well he got back to the ramp....launched....and was riding out to Hillsboroough Inlet when the ski started cavitating badly and he realized the ski was tasking on water.....he was lucky to get his ski up on the inlet beach.

He let his ski drain and tried to take it back to the ramp but was taking on water even faster....so he had to immediately beach the ski again and drain the water.

I had to finally haul-azz to the ramp.....get his truck down to the ramp....and mj3 (with his SHO) was towing Chris' RXP with the drain plugs out and the motor at idle to keep the water from going into the motor.....and it worked!!!!!!!

wound up being some ring on the driveseal...or a bearing...not sure which.....anyway...happy ending...the RXP didnt sink and Chris was able to get it back to his mechanic who thrashed and got it fixed......he didn;t get to ride but at least the Sea Doo wasn't an anchor at the bottom of the Intracoastal.
    .........conditions were as mixed bag.....some nice swells but lots of wind chop with tight spacing made jumping difficult.....good training weather.....2-4 ft waves........every once ino a while ud see a 5ftr.....allowed some decent jumps and some submarining.....we did some good flat-water intracoastal riding.....and got to eat at Houstons!!!! (the highlight....damn i love that place).

the R&D worked nicely in the rough stuff....i was impressed for it being a short plate....and mj3ides SHO is quick.....really nice guy....smart mfer too.....
    Gonna be cool having him on the soflarider.net rides.....awwwwww...we have another SHO in da familiy

All in all....besides the mechanical glitches of the RXP....was a beautiful day....u guys had to work today?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    was a sunny windy day..........got to meet Freakboy and mjh3ides at the ramp.....My buddy Chris had a horrible day with his sea Doo.....some plastic piece for the reverse broke and he was taking on water......so he hauled his ski to PPG to get the part fixed and since they had to pull the pump apart....they were going to take the extra 10 min to throw his new prop on........well he got back to the ramp....launched....and was riding out to Hillsboroough Inlet when the ski started cavitating badly and he realized the ski was tasking on water.....he was lucky to get his ski up on the inlet beach.

He let his ski drain and tried to take it back to the ramp but was taking on water even faster....so he had to immediately beach the ski again and drain the water.

I had to finally haul-azz to the ramp.....get his truck down to the ramp....and mj3 (with his SHO) was towing Chris' RXP with the drain plugs out and the motor at idle to keep the water from going into the motor.....and it worked!!!!!!!

wound up being some ring on the driveseal...or a bearing...not sure which.....anyway...happy ending...the RXP didnt sink and Chris was able to get it back to his mechanic who thrashed and got it fixed......he didn;t get to ride but at least the Sea Doo wasn't an anchor at the bottom of the Intracoastal.
    .........conditions were as mixed bag.....some nice swells but lots of wind chop with tight spacing made jumping difficult.....good training weather.....2-4 ft waves........every once ino a while ud see a 5ftr.....allowed some decent jumps and some submarining.....we did some good flat-water intracoastal riding.....and got to eat at Houstons!!!! (the highlight....damn i love that place).

the R&D worked nicely in the rough stuff....i was impressed for it being a short plate....and mj3ides SHO is quick.....really nice guy....smart mfer too.....
    Gonna be cool having him on the soflarider.net rides.....awwwwww...we have another SHO in da familiy

All in all....besides the mechanical glitches of the RXP....was a beautiful day....u guys had to work today?
    What a way to make a guy feel bad for not SHO-ing up LOL.

+1
    Was a good riding day. I'm definately going to have to do some offshore training/conditioning before I can keep up with Rip in the rough stuff. He flies through the big chop. It was fun towing the RXP through the idle speed zone @ 20mph(only way to keep it from sinking). We did call the BSO to get permission and spoke to the dispatcher. I was amazed the SHO was able to get the waterlogged rxp on plane with 7000rpm(3/4 throttle) and keep it at 20 at only 5500rpm. Look forward to riding with those guys again. I'll be at Lake Ida today at about 3:00 if anyone wants to go.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Was a good riding day. I'm definately going to have to do some offshore training/conditioning before I can keep up with Rip in the rough stuff. He flies through the big chop. It was fun towing the RXP through the idle speed zone @ 20mph(only way to keep it from sinking). We did call the BSO to get permission and spoke to the dispatcher. I was amazed the SHO was able to get the waterlogged rxp on plane with 7000rpm(3/4 throttle) and keep it at 20 at only 5500rpm. Look forward to riding with those guys again. I'll be at Lake Ida today at about 3:00 if anyone wants to go.
    I was at Lake Ida at 3:15 and nobody around. It was sprinkling out, but stopped about 3:30 so I went for a cruise myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    What a way to make a guy feel bad for not SHO-ing up LOL.
    sall right eric.....ull be there for the next one fo sho....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    I was at Lake Ida at 3:15 and nobody around. It was sprinkling out, but stopped about 3:30 so I went for a cruise myself.
    Sorry dude, I must have just missed you. I got there about 2:30 and did a couple runs around the lake and it started pouring rain. I didn't think it would clear and didn't see anyone around so I left just after 3:00. I live right down the road from Ida, so anytime you want to meet up there just shoot me a PM.

Thread Information