Pump disassembly, STX 1100

I have an older STX 1100 that was given to me. I am trying to fix it for a neighbors kid. This ski was treated really bad and was left sitting in salt water for extended periods and I don't believe it was ever flushed out. The original owner told me that he did not flush it because the salt away was too expensive... Anyway. I have the engine out and so far it seems like I won't have to do a lot of engine work, well at least at this point. The pump drive shaft was frozen and would not turn. I did manage to lossen it and the bearing are completely gone. I need to get the whole pump assembly out and apart. I have everything I can see to remove off including the access plug to the cone. The cone is still in place. It did not want to come off with mild pulling and tapping. The bolts are out so do I just need to turn it enought to break it loose? And then once that is off can you tell me what I need to do next to get the rest of the pump assembly apart?
    Thanks!!

Any clearance between the impeller tip and the pump housing lining? Sometime the pump liner squeezes on the impeller tip because corrosion grows between the SS liner and the pump housing.

lots of play

There is play in everything except where the cone is. It had three bolts that I removed and then a black nylon cap that I removed with a hex.

right now the cone is still in place because it did not want to come out easily. I spayed the seam where the cone attaches with penetrating oil. I take it that the cone is just stuck and I need to twist it a bit to loosen it. Once I get the cone off what do I remove next?

Thanks

The end-cone can be twisted and pulled out, but not easily (super tight). Try not to damage the sharp edges.
    You will need the special impeller removal tool (from dealer or aftermarket), 2 piece - (1) Holder to hold the impeller/pump housing on a vise, and (2) Splined Shaft to insert into the impeller.

my cone on mine is the same way and wont come off, my new impeller and the tool will be here tomarrow. what is underthe cone once it comes off. just bearings and a shaft.

Quote Originally Posted by 9711stx View Post
    my cone on mine is the same way and wont come off, my new impeller and the tool will be here tomarrow. what is underthe cone once it comes off. just bearings and a shaft.
    This is how i installed primers on my STXshttp://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90645
    At least this will give you some ideas

Thread Information