+1

Updating Old Paint

If anyone has some info to throw my way I thank you ! Since I have an RXT-X my 06 RXT needs a shot of go fast. This is what I would like to do: Install an X charger, a XS IC, a new Riva water box ( I believe this is Jerry's shorty box ), a rear exhaust and RE Pro Blockoffs. The boat currently has a front 4 inch intake ( SS Spectre filter, kanaflex pipe going into a " Silicone Intakes 4x3 boot ", Resonator removed, custom 2.5 SS pipe with flared ends from muffler shop, and the OPAS block ups. I would like to buy all these parts from Jerry BUT I REALLY need to know what I will need to make all this work ???????? Do I need 42# injectors, a new ECU, prop, etc, etc. I don't want to get into a winter long project because the boat will be used by Thanksgiving and thereafter ( no winterizing ).

If you are going to run those mods- this is what i would recommend.

Solas 15/20r prop
    Rude RRFPR for fuel needs

That is all you should need.

+1
    Yep I agree with code. Get the RRFPR and stick with your stock injectors and ECU. Then the 15/20r should be about right for those mods prob need a little pitching but then what does'nt to get RPM right. With all those bits done i think you will have 2 damn fast boats. R88

+1
    So getting the RRFPR for $400 would be better then getting 42 or 50# injectors for $200 ?

yes - the rrfpr would be better for you needs. With the rrfpr you would have better control of your fuel. 42s with the X-charger may be a little lean as well.

+1
    42 injectors will run lean with the X charger and 50s will be pig rich on the stock ecu. You cant run them without a fuel controler. The RRFPR is what you need it will supply the extra up top and only put in what is needed at lower rpm. saves you fuel cos it is not throwing it in when you dont need it like the larger injectors do. R88

+1
    Thanks everyone who responded to my questions!!! But I need some more advice please The SC on my 06 RXT has around 90 hours on it. Would it make more sense to buy a rebuild kit ( $300 ) pay Jerry to do the work ( $100 ) and buy a Greenwheel or Riva Gen II ($450 ) or just get a brand new X charger for $700 ?????????? What I mean is would I still need the RRFPR with a new wheel or just the X charger. From a dollar amount viewpoint which makes more sense, on a dollar per horsepower ratio ??? I think I stated that correctly LOL Thanks everyone!!

+1
    If it were me. Iwould go with the RRFPR even with a green wheel it gives a better fuel supply over the whole rev range. The 42s can be abit rich on the bottom where as with the RRFPR you get the right amout of fuel all the time coz it is boost sensitive. So on that merit you mite as well go with the X. You gona get more HP and it will cost you less than the green wheel + rebuild ect ect. R88

+1
    Thanks R88 !! How's the weather over across the big pond ???

+1

Thumbs up

Getting cold now, gona witerise ma girl next weekend then get the tools out. Going with a 2rude, RRFPR, 42s, Reduction nozzle, New seat cover, sponsons and re block offs this winter. Going to be busy, then i gota get it all dialed in. Im hoping for 80 on the stock ecu. As said before the feed back on the xcharger is pretty good and all in all you will end up with a better setup for around the same money.

Thread Information