Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: maint alarm.

  1. #1
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28

    maint alarm.

    Hey guys i have only recently noticed when i put my key on the DESS post, Maint flashes on the screen and the alarm blinks.. This only happens for a few seconds then goes away.. Nothing comes up after it is started or anything like that. Has it always done this and i not notice? or is there something wrong?
    Thanks


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Hey guys i have only recently noticed when i put my key on the DESS post, Maint flashes on the screen and the alarm blinks.. This only happens for a few seconds then goes away.. Nothing comes up after it is started or anything like that. Has it always done this and i not notice? or is there something wrong?
    Thanks

    That is normal at 10 hours and other service intervals. There is nothing wrong you just now probably noticed it.

    It can be reset by connecting to buds computer by dealer, or you can do like most and dont even let it bother you.

  3. #3
    S2R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Posts
    236
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    That is normal at 10 hours and other service intervals. There is nothing wrong you just now probably noticed it.

    It can be reset by connecting to buds computer by dealer, or you can do like most and dont even let it bother you.
    I did my 10 hour oil change and the dealer reset it for $29.

  4. #4
    monaroman76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Whyalla, South Australia
    Posts
    1,979
    +1
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    That is normal at 10 hours and other service intervals. There is nothing wrong you just now probably noticed it.

    It can be reset by connecting to buds computer by dealer, or you can do like most and dont even let it bother you.

    I am at 24 hours and had my service done right on 10 hours.. Surely it can't be time for another service.. So just ignore it yeh?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I am at 24 hours and had my service done right on 10 hours.. Surely it can't be time for another service.. So just ignore it yeh?
    Actually, You, might be due to another service. Open your owners manual and there is a page in there that tells you all of the timely service due. It will be mark as R= Replace, I=Inspect and so on. The main Brain of your Doo has a Biological Clock (every ten Hours I think ) It Tells You when to "DO The Doo"

  6. #6
    Top banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sittingbourne United Kingdon
    Posts
    753
    +1
    1
    Morning Jammer.10hrs 25hrs 50hrs 75hrs and 100hrs thats the norm for service intervals but its not 100% could be up to 10 hrs out

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Top banana View Post
    Morning Jammer.10hrs 25hrs 50hrs 75hrs and 100hrs thats the norm for service intervals but its not 100% could be up to 10 hrs out
    Thank You......and Good morning Top Banana Your info is right!

  8. #8
    Top banana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Sittingbourne United Kingdon
    Posts
    753
    +1
    1
    Hows things in your neck of the woods these days me and the mrs may come out there Christmas.

  9. #9
    rangermtb5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    4,473
    +1
    58
    Also, it comes on after the 10th hour is complete. So, when it becomes 11 hours, the next time you start your ski, it will display "MAINT". Well, at least that's how it happened for me.

  10. #10
    Treemn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    3,325
    +1
    641
    Mine has be on for a while it annoys the heck out of me but I know I have been keeping up with manit. myself. I do not want to take it in so I just deal with it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2001 GTX RFI MAINT alarm
    By snowsports1 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 06:45 AM
  2. 2004 RXP - "MAINT" flashes on Dashboard
    By premlulla in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 12:21 PM
  3. maint on...FIRST TIME
    By RXPNJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2005, 07:47 PM
  4. High temperature warning alarm , HELP
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 09:37 PM
  5. Oil Boy Maint Questions
    By seadawg in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2005, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •