+1

Jetworks mod, Can I get water from here?

What do you guys think about buying another 'Y' conector that is the same as Yams 'Y' fitting that diverts to the flush hose on the gpr (The red fitting in the bottom on the water inlet), fitting that in the section that goes to the flush point, and using it to feed the jetworks valve?
    Would it rob too much water from the cooling line to the engine?
    Would it supply enough water?
    There is def enough pressure there, cause I disconnected the flush nozzle, and it pissed out!
    I have asked a similar question a few years ago on the Riva site, but asked then about teeing the rear cooling pipe on the head.
    Same reason though. New ski, 2 years warranty etc, don't really want to drill a hole in the transom, and then have our jobs worth dealer blame the mod on engine failiure, hull cracks etc!

+1
    Just as lvnspeed said:

You will need this

And yes, you can use the factory bilge siphon, tap it out of the reduction nozzle and fill in wiht JB weld, then use the fitting on the transom plate to feed your jetworks.
    You will then need an electric bilge to replace your factory bilge since it will no longer be functional.

I drilled thru my transom wall for my water supply. Later I did use the old factory bilge siphon fitting for dual cooling. I no longer use dual cooling and it is now plugged for future use. I can use either.

That transom wall is very strong.

Plugged now, but can be used for another supply

Actually I think that getting water from the pump directly is the way to go. I see no need to buy an aftermarket dual cooling unit any longer. I have been working with Art at Jetworks and a new Kit will be available soon thru Jetworks or the 4tecperformance It will simplify the installation and make it more effecient, giving those with mistery water in the hull some and those that ride under extreme conditions the option of getting rid of it ASAP.

+1
    Actually I think that getting water from the pump directly is the way to go. I see no need to buy an aftermarket dual cooling unit any longer. I have been working with Art at Jetworks and a new Kit will be available soon thru Jetworks or the 4tecperformance It will simplify the installation and make it more effecient, giving those with mistery water in the hull some and those that ride under extreme conditions the option of getting rid of it ASAP.

That will be great ! ...one less hose clamp [risk] to deal with

Billy you still need to get water stright from the pump but it will only require a simple modified strainer cover plate

+1
    o.k.

The water supply still coming from the pump, It will not be teed from the main water line!!!

+1
    o.k. 10-4

yeah, I've blocked off the other hole for over a year now. I only need 1.

dual cooling did me no good....too much pressure on the system for my 12R. a brass plug stays in the other

Fercho - the output is supposed to be either vented thru the hull or teed into the bilge siphon, correct? Is the output through the bilge siphon allowing some backflow thru the bilge at low RPMs? Is this what the new kit set-up fixes?
    Can the thru-hull fitting for the output be placed below the water line?

Eric

+1
    Youre all missing the point!
    I ride in really rough water. I already run 2 bilge pumps, and the syphon is needed as it works. I have had electric bilge pump failiures, so I would not trust them on their own.Fine for going up and down a river, but it's a different kettle of fish when you have to ski thro 15 foot sees for several miles before even getting to the surf!
    I am looking for a good source of water for the jetworks valve without drilling ahole in the transom. I have tried off the head previously, but lost some rpm's.

Thread Information