Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jetting Question On Rhino/Rotax XP 800 Conversion

Hi there, I'm @ a point in my conversion were I need to be thinking about carb tuning & ordering parts if needed. Heres the set up: SeaDoo XP 800 w/Comet 102C clutch & Polaris 700 4x4 Trans. The engine has stock 401 carbs w/Vortex Arrestors, Primer kit, Sled dry pipe, aftermarket performance can. I may be using my R&D 44cc Head, not decided on that one yet. This RUV will mostly be in the woods about 2500ft. Sometimes to the Oregon dunes which of course is sea level. My question is do you guys think stock jetting is rich enough for my bolt ons in the 2-3k ft range. I know I'll have to richen it up for the dunes. Thanks in advance--Proflow

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The carbs should have been rejetted and the pop-off lowered with the addition of the flame arrestors. If you added them, then you have to rejet.

At least on the pilots. 75 pilots, 2.0 needle and seats, 80 gram springs. Mains should be 142.5 stockers. If you add the head it may require a bit more fuel. This is for watercraft application, you might need a whole different jetting setup. But this is a good baseline for starters.

As the watercraft engine is designed to be torquey, you should have a ripping sled. Just depends on how the pipe is tuned, for max rpm or low-end torque.

I added the Flame Arrestors, carbs have never been opened. The pipe I'm using is actually off a RMK 800 VES engine. I fabbed up a cyl.head flange out of flat plate to fit the Rotax & welded it to the y-pipe.----Proflow

xpss is the guy to listen to about those 800 motors, so I don't have anything more helpful for you. However, I was wondering what type of cooling system you are using on that motor. I always wanted to do a project with a big two stroke from a ski, but didn't know how to cool it correctly.

Sorry to go off topic, just figured I'd ask.

Hopefully the factory radiator w/electric fan from the Rhino 660 will do. If not I'll fab something larger in its place. To circulate the water I have a 12v inline water pump from a German car that scrapped @ my body shop. I hear ya on the jetting, should I piece those parts together or order a kit of sorts ? Thanks--Proflow

Just order the specific parts.

I looked through the parts section here & didn't find but a carb rebuild kit. That was bushings & seals . The factory stock stuff is avail. but that wont help. Any suggestions ? Sorry to be a pill.---Proflow

Naw man...no problem. Dennis Kirk sells specific jet sizes, they should carry the 2.0 needle and seats and the 80 gram springs too.

If not Novi has it.

+1
    I can get you any parts you need for Mikuni carbs,call me at the shop 772-336-3615 Dan

Parts Ordered

Dennis Kirk had everything suggested that I needed in stock & some stuff I needed to order for my buds Banshee @ the same time. Still lots to do on this project, but its coming along well. Drive lines are about done, so I'll be able to finalize engine/trans mounts. Then its pipe fab time, electrical, cooling, clutching,gauges, carb tuning etc.... Thanks for your help guys--Proflow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information