Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Super Charger Oil Level Check

Has anyone tried to check the Supper Charger Oil without taking off the Exhaust? Is it possible to squeeze back there without doing that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
    Has anyone tried to check the Supper Charger Oil without taking off the Exhaust? Is it possible to squeeze back there without doing that.
    Yes it's possible and I'm sure there are a few threads on here already covering this.

Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    Yes it's possible and I'm sure there are a few threads on here already covering this.
    That's what I thought but I was waiting to cross that bridge at 50. I'm going to try and do a Complete change at 50 by Siphoning out the Stock Oil. Thanks for info!

Get yourself a long extension and a universal joint for your ratchet, stick some masking tape in your 12mm socket to " capture " the bolt after it's removed, be careful to not disturb the copper washer, I picked mine out with a long piece of wire and used a bit of grease to hold it to the bolt when re-inserting.
    Last edited by Chris288; 10-10-2008 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    Get yourself a long extension and a universal joint for your ratchet, stick some masking tape in your 12mm socket to " capture " the bold after it's removed, be careful to not disturb the copper washer, I picked mine out with a long piece of wire and used a bit of grease to hold it to the bolt when re-inserting.
    Sounds like Fun, I'm going to try to remove some hardware before getting in there to see if it helps. I've got Long Arms so that's a plus, came in handy when I use to work on Transmission's back in the days.

Sounds like Fun, I'm going to try to remove some hardware before getting in there to see if it helps. I've got Long Arms so that's a plus, came in handy when I use to work on Transmission's back in the days.
    There isn't anything to remove unless your going to take off the exhaust like the book says, long arms are of no use, but a long socket extension is.. just slip the socket and extension between the hull and the exhaust and be careful not to disturb the copper washer.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    There isn't anything to remove unless your going to take off the exhaust like the book says, long arms are of no use, but a long socket extension is.. just slip the socket and extension between the hull and the exhaust and be careful not to disturb the copper washer.

Thanks again, I used Swivel Socket's a lot when I worked on Transmissions especially with the Bolts up on the top of the Bell-housing. I'm probably going to get a nice Snap On Swivel for this Job. Thanks, Have a good weekend.

is that true the I had to change the supercharge oil at 50 hr?? or just add to correct oil level

Quote Originally Posted by sportman View Post
    is that true the I had to change the supercharge oil at 50 hr?? or just add to correct oil level
    Just check as per Service but I'm going to Change since I'm there.

Just check as per Service but I'm going to Change since I'm there.
    what type of oil you gona put?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information