Thread: 05 ultra 150

+1

05 ultra 150

I bought this ski today really cheap,i know nothing of the ski's history.first problem is after turning the key on the display comes on np,soon as you touch the start button the display blinks with all the symbols showing,no click,doesnt turn over,nothing.

the batt is good already tested it.is there a lock out on the security system?

I would start checking all the electrical connectors to be sure they are clean and dry. Do you have the manual yet?

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    I bought this ski today really cheap,i know nothing of the ski's history.first problem is after turning the key on the display comes on np,soon as you touch the start button the display blinks with all the symbols showing,no click,doesnt turn over,nothing.

the batt is good already tested it.is there a lock out on the security system?
    The display blinks and goes out? Or is it flashing something like "lo bat" or "Err"?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bamatech View Post
    The display blinks and goes out? Or is it flashing something like "lo bat" or "Err"?
    it blinks and every symbol on the display blinks all at the same time.it will blink as long as i hold the start button in,soon as i let off the display acts normal.............(no the display never goes blank).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by btldigger View Post
    I would start checking all the electrical connectors to be sure they are clean and dry. Do you have the manual yet?

i have a manual for my STX-R,should be close enough for most situations.

i was kind of wishing it was something stupid,ill have to just start going through the whole system.i wanted to do a comprestion check to see what i had here as the ski is a total unknown at this point.

Put a voltmeter on the battery and see what the voltage drops to when you hit the start button.

From what you describe the display is loosing power when you press the start button.

For an Ultra150 service manual go here: http://ultra150.yuku.com/topic/2878

Do the compression test for sure! You said the battery is a known good one so start checking the connectors and wires for looseness and corrosion. And check the website for that manual on previous post. It will lead you to what the ailment is without guessing. The stx manual won't have a lot of the newer things the '05 has. Keep us posted.

+1
    problem solved,batt tested good but my tester is faulty.on the plus side all my electrical connections are now clean .

did my compression test got 120,119,121.dont know how close to right my guage is but 2 psi difference i know is good so ill run with it.nice spark on all three cyl also.started right up and ran great on the hose.if i get a day over 60 degress ill take it out for a test ride.

i did notice the pump is less noisey than my STX-R on the hose.put in a new fuel filter and new gas for good measure.looks like i stole this thing.ill know after a quick test ride.

Thread Information