Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Porting

Porting

Ive read that porting is a must do mod for the gp1300 . What is the for and against with porting.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Corbett View Post
    Ive read that porting is a must do mod for the gp1300 . What is the for and against with porting.
    If done correctly there is only for and no against.

Tim Judge and Lowell Horning do excellent work and I have had great experience with both.

Biggest bang for your buck IMO!!

Moderated
    Mark

its next on my list for my project ski for mel, as duke said go with lowell or tj and you wont regret it. If you want to break 80 on a gpr thats the way to do it

Osidebill has a complete and brand new 1390 top end for sale thats ported (by lowell) with everything you need to bolt it on but this may not suit you or your ski...its worth looking into tho as a ready to go solution.

TJ porting - one of the best things that I had done for my ski.

What gets ported?

What does the "top end" consist of? I recognize that this would generally refer to heads, intakes, etc. but the intake is bolted to the bottom of the motor and there aren't ports in the head.

How much does this cost? Is there a major benefit on an otherwise stock ski?

I'm tempted to do a few "bang for the buck" mods over the winter. Milling the head and rejetting the carbs comes to mind, maybe looking into the free flow exhaust mod. Porting has sparked my interest but I have no knowledge of it as it relates to a GP1200 / 1300.

+1
    port the top end refers to the cylinders,the bottom(cases) can all so be ported,but i have read there is pros and cons to doing this ,check out lowell's web www.2-stroke-porting.com there is some great information and photos

ported 701

I had a guy (Greg or Craig?) in Norman OK port the clyinders on my WaveBlaster many years ago. From memory it added over 200rpm. More power up top with on noticable loss down low. This was one of the few mods that really put a grin on my face. Money well spent. I plan to get TJ or Lowell to do my 1300, maybe next year.

+1
    Porting is the way to go but has to be done by the best or you will be wasting your time money and saddest part about is you will go back wards and stuff your cylinders up with the wrong person.,

Mark take a look at Adam he went from 67mph to 79.7mph and where not finished with yet iam still in the USA but when i get back where trying for 80++ and he has less stuff on his ski than i did.

There is no agaist or down side to porting is as reliable as a stock ski i say i use to ride mine all day everyday and never change to touched it.

After the B2B all i did was put it on my garage and rode it a week later did even have to flush is as it was fresh water.

Talk to Adam hes smiling.

Mike

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    If done correctly there is only for and no against.

Tim Judge and Lowell Horning do excellent work and I have had great experience with both.

Biggest bang for your buck IMO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    Mark

its next on my list for my project ski for mel, as duke said go with lowell or tj and you wont regret it. If you want to break 80 on a gpr thats the way to do it

Osidebill has a complete and brand new 1390 top end for sale thats ported (by lowell) with everything you need to bolt it on but this may not suit you or your ski...its worth looking into tho as a ready to go solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by billy gpr View Post
    port the top end refers to the cylinders,the bottom(cases) can all so be ported,but i have read there is pros and cons to doing this ,check out lowell's web www.2-stroke-porting.com there is some great information and photos
    +1,2,3,4

I have 1390 ported cylinders from Ben Herman. They run awesome. Everything from hole shot to top end is amazing. I haven't had a problem yet.

TJ and Lowell are awesome too. I have talked with Lowell some and he is top notch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information